Suggestions - excellent "The Dark Side" restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Suggestions - excellent "The Dark Side" restaurant

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm kicking myself for not having tried Suggestions before. This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in Pattaya, easily on par with Au bon Coin.

I'm sorry many of you may not get there due to its "The Dark Side" location, but if you can find a way to get there, believe me you won't regret it.

Before reading any further, I suggest first having a look at their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/suggestionspattaya/

Last night I tried it for the first time and was absolutely delighted. Suggestions is now my first choice restaurant on "The Dark Side" - or for that matter, just about anywhere else in Pattaya.

The setting and service is impeccable. The prices certainly are reasonable. I had their escargot for a starter, followed by a cod dish. Both were amazing - and I'm not much of a fish person - but I guarantee I'll be having this again (once I've tried everything else on the menu). I had water to drink - I'm not really a wine person, but they have an excellent wine selection for you oenophiles out there. Total bill: 670 baht - and very well worth it.

They speak very good English and they do have a Thai food menu too. Last night there was one large table with 12 people and every one of them were Thai.

Suggestions is definitely a don't miss restaurant. From among most restaurants in the Pattaya area, I'd say this is one of the most "don't missiest." I suggest making a booking. They don't have that many tables (sorry I didn't count) and it does fill up. I was lucky there was still a couple vacant tables when I arrived.

If anyone wants to join me for dinner there some time, send me a PM and we'll try to make arrangements. For sure it won't take much coaxing to get me to go.

telephone: 086 558 0491

You can find it on Google Maps

GPS coordinates: 12.918269, 100.928071
traveller123

Re: Suggestions - excellent "The Dark Side" restaurant

Post by traveller123 »

Unfortunately I live 7 hours away or I would be asking to join you for dinner
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

traveller123 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:07 pm Unfortunately I live 7 hours away or I would be asking to join you for dinner
If you find yourself in Pattaya at some point, you will be most welcome.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have heard many good things about Suggestions Restaurant, but have not had a chance to visit. With GB's comments, even more of a reason to visit. So, tomorrow that should change as I have, taking GB's advice, sent a message to reserve a table for 4 for tomorrow night. Looking forward to it
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

As mentioned above, we dined at Suggestions on Saturday evening - following GB's comment, we did make a booking for 6:30pm and left a little after 8pm, there were about five tables occupied during that period, so they had a few still available (I didn't count them either). Myself, I ordered the White Asparagus Soup as a starter and the Lamb Shank as a main. My bf ordered the NZ Mussels from the starters (they also have variations shown as mains) and the ribeye steak medium rare. My Canadian friend ordered a Greek Salad and the Ribeye steak medium well. His bf ordered a salad and the mixed grill and had two glasses of house red wine. I had one glass of the house red wine, my bf also had two glasses. I don't know the total bill for my friend, but for me & bf, the total was 1,815 baht.

The steaks were cooked as ordered and the salads looked almost like a meal in themselves. I found the soup to be excellent and the Lamb Shank on a par with other good restaurants here on the non-dark side. My bf liked the NZ mussels very much, but was found the steak, while good not as good as he has had elsewhere. My Canadian friend was so so about his steak - good, but not as tender as he expected (I mentioned that maybe it was because he ordered it medium well done - myself, like my bf, I prefer medium rare). The mixed grill was a large plate and his bf was well satisfied.

The service seemed a little slow, but not a problem as we were in no hurry and there to enjoy conversation as well as good food. We all agreed that we will most likely return - my Canadian friend, said he did not know the restaurant was there even though it was only a couple minutes drive from his house, which he said makes it very convenient for when he wants to go out to dinner. I found the drive from my Jomtien residence to be about 20 minutes and little traffic to contend with (To Sukhumvit on Boon Kanchana, left onto Sukhumvit, with a U-Turn at Makro, then a left onto Toonglom-Talman Rd then left onto Thung Klom-Tan Man 9 (Soi that Suggestions is on). If coming from the North, you can use Noen Phlap Whan (Google Map name - I have also heard it called Non Plub Wan), you turn South onto Map Yai Lia 28 which becomes Thung Klom-Tan Man 9.

I do recommend it - large menu with many items to choose from - served on very large platters and well presented.