Difference between Agate boutique & Zing Resort

Anything and everything about Thailand
Farangholiday

Difference between Agate boutique & Zing Resort

Post by Farangholiday »

Apart from a big pricing difference is there much difference in quality from the Agate Boutique hotel and the Zing Resort Spa?

Both in the Jomtien Complex,just wondering who has stayed at one or both.

I realise opinions and perceptions differ though.

Average price of the Agate is around the 1300-1500 baht per night mark whilst Zing s 600-800

Both seem to have the same facilities,so im not comparing apples & oranges

I will be staying probaly at both this week,is it allowable to post pics on here ?
Trongpai

Re: Difference between Agate boutique & Zing Resort

Post by Trongpai »

At the Zing there's a large disparity between rooms even rooms in the same price category. It's an ongoing hodgepodge of renovations. I do like the pool suite rooms on the second floor but that's around 1,500+ per night. Some have beds as hard as a rock but are in the process of replacing all the bedding. The pool is nice and restaurant passable. I just passed the Zing and there's a huge pile of renovation supplies in the walkway to the center of the complex, so perhaps there's some construction noise in the daytime? Breakfast is nothing special. Reception staff seem always confused.

The Agate is all new. It was a renovation but a total renovation. Everything works. The rooms are more standardized but on the small side. It's very quiet as long as you don't get the rooms facing the street. There's two very nice pools, one salt water. Most of the rooms do not have a standard chair but have 70's style bean bag on the floor! I understand you can ask for a real chair. Breakfast is nothing special. Reception staff efficient.

Both will sometimes host families with children who can't seem to use the pool without screaming. Neither have attracted the large bus Chinese tour groups yet but do host small busloads of package tourists from time to time.
Flugg

Post by Flugg »

Stayed in both of them several times. I give the Zing my thumbs up now, no chinese package tourists and children there. I usually book the cheapest room but they always give upgrades to better rooms for free. Also good cancelation policy in the Zing. Agate does have a nice pool bar but the breakfast is crap. Just like the restaurant in Zing, eat elsewhere by all means. If you like to use the pool, go for Agate. The one in the Zing smells from sewerage ever since they opened. Don‘t accept a ground floor room at the pool there.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Having completed my stay at The Agate boutique, all I can say in my opinion it has its positives ,friendly efficient trained staff,2 x pools,one saltwater, and its negatives, which i wont go into as they were relatively minor, lack of fitness facilities, pools closing 8pm,small rooms, etc , I also had a issue with the room and im surprised the management didnt get back to me about it.

I wont be staying there again though , not unless there is a price comparable to other Hotels in the area.
At 1500 baht a night I found it a tad overpriced for its facilities,but that’s my opinion.

Interestingly for those into the “shower soap scene” my room had a glass window from the bed into the shower.
Just trying to work out how to post a pic.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Farangholiday wrote:trying to work out how to post a pic.
You have two ways to do it. Maybe a few others also are not sure how it's done.

1. Send the photo to me in an Email - [email protected] - and I will put it into your post it for you. Of course, I would prefer that you do it yourself to save me the trouble, but I'll do it for you if need be.

2. If you want to do it yourself, first please edit the photo so it is no wider than 500 pixels.

Here's how I do it:

Open an account with Imgbb. It's free: https://imgbb.com/

Upload the photo to your Imgbb account

Once it's uploaded, you will see Embed Codes. Select BBCode Full

Put the cursor in the box that displays the code, then click on COPY

Paste that into your post

Others may have different photo host suggestions, but most work in a similar way.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Something different,Window between shower and bed,Agate Boutique hotel
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I've been watching lots of travel videos on YouTube and I've been very surprised at how many hotels have these windows now. It seems to be a very popular feature in new mid-range hotels--not the really deluxe ones and not super-low-budget ones. I don't really understand it. I'm sure some guests like them, but I would think far more people don't like them at all.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

You're right. I did notice some of the visiting boyz to my room seemed a bit shy when they were aware of it and having a shower which made me sit on the end of the bed away from watching them.

There was a Venetian blind but rolling it up and down was a headache,they would of been better having a pull down type blind.

All in all I didn't enjoy my stay at the Agate,others may differ however.

I did send an email to their management outlining a concern ,however I am surprised I am yet to hear from them considering they seem to want to be a 4 star hotel.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Farangholiday wrote:I did notice some of the visiting boyz to my room seemed a bit shy when they were aware of it
Assuming they were there for the reasons I suspect, they were shy about letting you see them in the shower? I wonder why. I have trouble enough just getting them to close the bathroom door when using the toilet.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Having completed my stay at both Hotels,I would have to say the Zing Resort wins in terms of service & facilities.
Zing wins on arrival at reception where I was given a bottle of water and wet handtowel,the receptionist was also very informative informing me of the Hotel’s facilities and the construction work going on.
Both hotels had a bellboy to assist to the room.

Agate had a fast check in but no info from the receptionist.

Of course it mostly does depend on the staff member working so what I may receive in terms of service & information one day may not happen the next day.

The Room at the Agate was the “ Crystal Room” their lowest priced standard room which was 1500 baht per night booked thru the hotelscombined apps.

The Room I booked at the Zing was not their “ standard room” which starts at around 660 baht per night and is in the construction zone,so instead I booked their “ Deluxe plus” room which was approx 1020baht per night thru the hotelscombined app,it is away from the construction noise and on the top floor.

The Agate Crystal room was very small and even though more modern in terms of color wall painting and bathrooom tiles it was dimly lit inside even when I opened the curtains facing onto the balcony ,I still at times had to have a light on.
The room color of light brown with dark wood finishes certainly did nothing to help.
Both rooms had wooden floors.

On the other hand the Zing “ deluxe room plus” was double the size and the bathroom was just as modern with light green tiles ,both rooms at the Agate and Zing had rainbow showers and handheld showerheads
The bathroom was much bigger at the Zing and more brighter although the decor/ tiles were of the cheaper kind.

I found when I opened the curtains at the Zing Deluxe Plus room ,the sun shone in making the room very bright compared to the Agates crystal room which balcony overlooked a pool.

You must remember though I am comparing one”s standard room being the Agate at 1500 b per night against Zings Deluxe room.

I have no idea of Zings “ Standard” room quality although it is cheaper at approx 660 b or there of I am told.

The wardrobe in the Zing beat the Agates in terms of size and comfort,one could easily put their suitcase into the wardobe at the Zing but not so with the Agate in which you could only fit a medium size suitcase.
The Agate wardrobe however had a light inside

The safe at both hotels was in the wardrobe,both at just above knee height so unfortunately you are cramping down to look at the numbers.

The wardrobe at the Zing had open style doors and wardrobe handles in which if you like you can put a chainlock thru and lock the wardrobe.

The Agate wardrobe had sliding doors so thus unable to chainlock.

Both had tea coffee making facilities with both hotels providing 2 small bottles of water.
The Zing however provided 6 of coffee tea sugar sachets whilst the Agate provided only 2 of each.

Both hotels provided soap,toothbrush toothpaste x 2 , cotton buds.

The Zing provided extra with 2 dressing gowns,slippers, and notebook and pen

The Zing wins on towel quality being a rough texture which i prefer against the Agates smooth texture but we all have our own tastes,interesting was Zings towels were brand name up against Agates towels which were made in china.

The Zing wins on fitness facilities ,having 2 x treadmills,dumbells,barbell,and 2x exercise bikes up against a one only stepper and a few odd dumbells the Agate has.
It also has a sauna facility free to guests

The Agate wins currently on its swimming pools having 2 , one saltwater one and another one in the cafe area with a beutiful waterfall,so if your into swimming the Agate may suit you better,however both pools were small in length compared to the Zings.

Tv - the TV in both hotels was the same size and both Samsung,however there were only 25 channels in the Agate and only 2 were english channels being Al jazeera and NBt, I could not find my favourites of Bllomberg,BBC,Fox etc compared to the Zings where they had over 50 channels.

To be continued