Dodger's Pre-Trip Report

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Dodger's Pre-Trip Report

Post by Dodger »

I just want to say bye to you maniacs as I avoid things like computers when I'm on holiday and don't want you think I died or something.

My plane lifts off in the morning and my trusty backpack is sitting at the door waiting for me as I speak.

This is the first time in my life that I didn't see a single snow flake during an entire Winter season. No complaints from me as long as the planet isn't melting. This marks the first time in 146 years that Chicago did not see snow in the months of January and February. I don't even know who was president 146 years ago. Did we even have a president?

I work in America and live in Thailand, and that's exactly how I feel right now...returning to life. It will be nice not being submersed in the constant news about Trump and the Russians, and I'm hoping by the time I return to work in 3 months that the impeachment process will be complete so there's something different to listen to on the news.

I will unite with my partner in Bangkok on Saturday night and the last thing on my mind will be American politics. As always I will hear him complaining about the long flight from Buriram to Bangkok, as I hobble around the hotel room like Walter Brennan after the torturous 27 hour trip from Chicago.

Take care...hope to see a few of you around town.

Cheers
MissingThailand

Re: Dodger's Pre-Trip Report

Post by MissingThailand »

They don't impeach them after they're out of office :D
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

And who's the loveable guy who's "one heart-beat away from the presidency?"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gents, we already have a topic about Trump. Let's please not hijack this topic into yet another about Trump. Do your posting about Trump on that topic.

On this topic, let's please stick to the focus of Dodger's post.
riverdee50

Post by riverdee50 »

Know the feeling. Am in Jomtien now. So glad to get away from Brexit and our horrendous Scottish government who wants to split our nation again. Wish to hell I could get away from it all.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote:I work in America and live in Thailand, and that's exactly how I feel right now...returning to life. It will be nice not being submersed in the constant news about Trump and the Russians, and I'm hoping by the time I return to work in 3 months that the impeachment process will be complete so there's something different to listen to on the news.
1 Have a good trip.
2 If you have any tips about configuring your life & career so you can take 3 months off work, please post or PM me.... I'm possibly committed to the wrong industry, but maybe not.
3 With some of the obvious climatic changes, it's amazing to think some leaders are in denial over global warming.