Junta to purge Pattaya of prostitution

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Junta to purge Pattaya of prostitution

Post by Gaybutton »

As far as I can tell, this latest crackdown - which I believe will turn out to be nothing but the usual lip service - they seem to be concentrating on the girlie bars. So far they seem to be leaving the gay bars alone.

This little brouhaha, in my opinion, is a huge overreaction to an article in some obscure British rag.

I've never figured out what's so terrible about sex in the first place. I just saw a recent documentary about ancient Pompeii. Their entire lifestyle seemed to be centered around sex - even the slaves. If I had a time machine, guess where my first stop would be . . .

"I'm a dirty old man. And I'm gonna be a dirty old man 'till I'm a dead old man."
- Redd Foxx

Me too!
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Rag? Most certainly.
Obscure? Not exactly.
The Daily Mirror has the fifth highest paid circulation in the UK, far outdistancing Daily Telegraph, The Times and The Guardian.
There's just no accounting for taste.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ne ... irculation

About Pompeii, you're on to something there. People are buying tickets for the first moon trip so there's no reason you shouldn't be the first to book a ticket to Pompeii in its salad days.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

It appears that the new major of Pattaya has established his priorities in a rational manner that most residents will applaud.

Excerpt from Pattaya One article today:

Apart from the issues of crime he also said he was determined to solve the traffic chaos and address the problems associated with littering, dirty water and prostitution in the town.

http://pattayaone.news/en/make-resort-better-place/
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

I don't think most will like that prostitution is taken on. Many people's income directly or indirectly depent on it.I don't see it happen in the near future.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

thaifarang wrote:I don't think most will like that prostitution is taken on. Many people's income directly or indirectly depent on it.I don't see it happen in the near future.
Point I was trying to get across was the order of priorities: crime, traffic chaos, littering, dirty water and prostitution.

You can't expect the town's chief executive to totally ignore the thing for which it gets most frequently criticized in the media. However, he has placed it in its proper place on his punch list: last. And we all know that getting your punch list completed is a worthy--but often elusive--goal.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Ok sorry, I understand your point now. Good news for us!