Slain Foreigner Investigation Continues

Anything and everything about Thailand
readerc54

Re: Slain Foreigner Investigation Continues

Post by readerc54 »

Pretty awful for the Malaysian guy, too.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

readerc54 wrote:Pretty awful for the Malaysian guy, too.
FYI.... http://www.thethailandlife.com/pattaya- ... two-worlds
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton wrote:Most likely it will be ruled a suicide . . .
Hmmmm. Why what a lucky guess on my part.

A guy wants to kill himself. So he goes to Koh Larn, dons a wet suit and diving fins, swims out to some sort of mooring, ties himself to it, and slashes his own throat.

No suicide note. No boat. No report of a knife or anything else sharp enough to slice his own throat.

Oh well, if you're going to commit suicide, you might as well do it with a little finesse and imagination . . .
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Undaunted, thanks for the link to "the Thailand Life" web site. The writer's take on why he thinks farangs end up taking their life in the LOS has merit. And although it offers a sound explanation behind some of these suicides, I've read far too many accounts of flying farangs plunging to their death in Pattaya to believe that it explains them all.

Every time I read of yet another death attributed to suicide, I ask myself "who stands to benefit from the death?"

The answer is often the same.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

readerc54 wrote:I've read far too many accounts of flying farangs plunging to their death in Pattaya
While many probably are suicides, I too find it hard to believe that with others something more sinister is not what really took place.

And here's the latest one - just yesterday morning:

Malaysian man falls to death from Pattaya condo

By Albert Jack

December 23, 2016

A Malaysian man fell to his death from a condominium building in Pattaya’s Bang Lamung area early on Friday morning.

A security guard at View Talay 6 Pattaya Beach Condominium on Pattaya Sai Song Road in Bang Lamung district reported the fall to police about 4.30am.

The body of the man, in his mid-30s, was found on the ground in the car park of the sea-view condominium.

A Malaysian passport was found in his clothing. His name was withheld pending notification of relatives.

It was not known if the deceased man was a resident of the building. Police were investigating.

Story and photo: http://pattayaone.news/en/malaysian-man ... taya-condo