Thai lessons in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
sugargrandpa

Thai lessons in Pattaya

Post by sugargrandpa »

I'm planning to live in Pattaya for four months next year and am looking for recommendations for good Thai language schools. Pattaya doesn't seem to have as many options as Bangkok which is understandable for a relatively small holiday resort. I already speak enough Thai to get by but would like to improve myself and perhaps take up reading and writing. Recommendations for a personal tutor who has experience teaching over 60s would also be appreciated. I have no specific objectives other than a general interest in the language and wanting to communicate better in it. Thank you in advance.
travelerjim

Re: Thai lessons in Pattaya

Post by travelerjim »

In Sunee Plaza...
See NS Travel
The owner Min is a very good teacher of Thai
And I have had her teach English to many of my Thai friends in past years.

Tj
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Agree.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Pardon me...

The name of the Owner of NS Travel is "Mim"
A fine teacher.

Tj
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I went to A1 Language Center on Soi 17 just a meters down from the Hamburger Lady in the Green Kiosk. No computers all 1 on 1 with a nice lady. Not expensive
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

PeterUK wrote:She places much emphasis on correct tonal pronunciation
I'm glad she does that. Quite often, getting the tones correct is even more important than the word itself. Even in context, if you don't pronounce the tone correctly they often have no idea what you are trying to say.

I don't know her, but from these posts she sounds like just the right teacher. If I needed to learn to speak Thai, I would definitely go to her.