Sunee Plaza by Candlelight

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Sunee Plaza by Candlelight

Post by Undaunted »

Yes I know Sunee is nothing like what it was and is a mere shadow of it's former self, having said that, last nite for no other reason than bordem and a break in the rain I went to Sunee and was at a bar when all Sunee had a power blackout, after a few minutes the owner lite candles and the atmosphere was lovely, tranquil, and as I drank my G&T I just thought how pleasant it was to be here.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Oliver

Re: Sunee Plaza by Candlelight

Post by Oliver »

I was there three weeks ago and I agree; it has a unique atmosphere. If only there were more visitors.
Incidentally, thinking of black-outs, did anyone else experience the BBB/Ambiance one that happened about 10 October? The dead cat one? The explosion could be heard above the noise of the music in Toyboys. It was a good fifteen hours until things were back to normal.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Same experience as undaunted, I was in Sunee at the time of the blackout enjoying a drink along with a cute waiter. But no candles however some light from a parked motorbike. Also no fans so the poor lad was so hot I convinced him to take his shirt off. :idea:

Can only imagine what it was like in Eros! :shock:
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Sure would be nice if, once a week, Sunee Plaza would hold a Candlelight Night with all bar and venues participating. Even better if the bar boyz would stop playing with their smart phones and greet each and every customer with a Wai. And, of course, just some soft mood music.
sugargrandpa

Post by sugargrandpa »

windwalker wrote:Sure would be nice if, once a week, Sunee Plaza would hold a Candlelight Night with all bar and venues participating.
It can be pretty but perhaps the Thais think it might appear too 'funereal' and might be seen as sarcastic given the average age of the customer who goes to Sunee,
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

sugargrandpa wrote:
windwalker wrote:Sure would be nice if, once a week, Sunee Plaza would hold a Candlelight Night with all bar and venues participating.
It can be pretty but perhaps the Thais think it might appear too 'funereal' and might be seen as sarcastic given the average age of the customer who goes to Sunee,
Nonsense.

This is actually a great idea. One day a week with all the bars participating would be a unique and interesting way to entice customers. Especially if greeted with a friendly smile, soft mood music and that famous Thai hospitality.
sugargrandpa

Post by sugargrandpa »

thaiworthy wrote:
sugargrandpa wrote:
Nonsense.
It's fine that you disagree with me but I don't think that my remarks are "nonsense". It takes various elements to make these entertainment venues work, not just our (customers') ideas of how it should work. Candle light, soft music and polite board games may be fun to customers of a certain age, but it could spell boredom to the boys, whom I understand need the loud music to stay awake!
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

sugargrandpa wrote: It's fine that you disagree with me but I don't think that my remarks are "nonsense". It takes various elements to make these entertainment venues work, not just our (customers') ideas of how it should work. Candle light, soft music and polite board games may be fun to customers of a certain age, but it could spell boredom to the boys, whom I understand need the loud music to stay awake!
Who said anything about polite board games?

What I have in mind is romance in all its nuances, no boring games and no boredom from the customers or the boys. And just what age do you think the customers are? If they are "that" young then they can find their thrills at the after hours discos.

Candlelight, soft music, no shirts, and a hands-on experience. ;)

And for the perverts amongst us , the same same and more intense experience in the go-go bars.

Sugargrandpas might even get some thrills from it.