Letter from Democrats Abroad - Where to watch the election

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Letter from Democrats Abroad - Where to watch the election

Post by Gaybutton »

Dear Democrats Abroad Thailand,

Where are you going to watch the election returns from the US? Democrats Abroad Thailand are going to be viewing them LIVE in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya, and you’re invited. DAT has organized election watching events where you can join your fellow overseas Democrats, enjoy breakfast or lunch, and (we hope) watch our faith renewed in American democracy as Hillary Clinton becomes our first ever woman President!

All the details of our election watching events on November 9 are below. They are open to all Democrats Abroad members and friends, and to the general public. Come out and watch the as the poll results roll in, and root Hillary Clinton and the Democratic team on.

Bangkok: Democrats in Bangkok will be gathering at the Roadhouse Barbecue. Doors open at 6:30 am (yes, an early start) on November 9 and breakfast will be available starting at 7 am., and we will be there all day. The Roadhouse Barbecue is at the corner of Surawong Road and Rama 4 Road, the closest BTS stop is Sala Daeng and the closest MRT stop is Silom. The bar’s website is www.roadhousebarbecue.com For those who want to eat breakfast, bar owner and chef Dana Caron (a proud DAT member from Maine) is offering a 400 baht special breakfast buffet, including eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, cornbread and sides, and of course, juice, coffee and tea. For more details, contact: [email protected]

Chiang Mai: Democrats in Chiang Mai and the north will be gather starting at 8 am on November 9 at the U.N. Irish Pub & Restaurant, located at 24-24/1 Ratchawithi Road, Sriphum, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50200. The Facebook page of the venue is https://web.facebook.com/pages/The-UN-I ... 28729?_rdr For more details, contact: [email protected]

Pattaya: Democrats in Pattaya and the eastern seaboard will be gathering, starting at 11:30 am on November 9 at Beertopia, 384/93 Moo 10 NongPrue, Bang Lamung, Chonburi (across street from The Mind Resort, Soi Regional Land (Soi 17) telephone: 092-692-2095. There’s a map at https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Bee ... 8648?hl=en

For more details, contact: [email protected]

See you on Wednesday, November 9!

Onward to victory!

Phil Robertson

Chair, Democrats Abroad Thailand
Jogger

Re: Letter from Democrats Abroad - Where to watch the election

Post by Jogger »

So can someone please tell me what time, Thai time, and I assume on Wednesday here, results will start being announced. I will follow it on CNN rather than on the "fair and balanced" (sarc) FOX channel.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

East Coast polls close at 7am Wednesday Thai time. I'll be at home watching CNN on Truevisions, with a drink in one hand and a hammer in the other.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

I don't imagine that was a very happy party.