Donald Trump pledges to sign anti-LGBT law to permit religious discrimination

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Maple

Donald Trump pledges to sign anti-LGBT law to permit religious discrimination

Post by Maple »

Donald Trump has pledged to repeal Barack Obama’s LGBT rights orders and sign a law permitting discrimination.

In a statement, Trump confirmed he would sign the so-called First Amendment Defence Act, which bans the government from taking any “action against a person, wholly or partially on the basis that such person believes or acts in accordance with a religious belief or moral conviction that marriage is or should be recognised as the union of one man and one woman, or that sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.” More at:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/23/do ... fed6f76d8b
Gaybutton

Re: Donald Trump pledges to sign anti-LGBT law to permit religious discrimination

Post by Gaybutton »

Oh good. Now Trump thinks he gets to nullify the Supreme Court's ruling. I wonder if anyone is going to let him know it doesn't work that way.
Daniel

Re: Donald Trump pledges to sign anti-LGBT law to permit religious discrimination

Post by Daniel »

So, if you discriminate against a gay person, all you have to do is say that you did so out of religious conviction, and you would be protected from prosecution. It is sad that something so repugnant to me could be considered a vote winner in the US in the 21st Century.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Gaybutton wrote:Oh good. Now Trump thinks he gets to nullify the Supreme Court's ruling. I wonder if anyone is going to let him know it doesn't work that way.
The problem is, of course, that if he gets to sign a bill, he also gets to nominate SCOTUS justices. By the time his law would be up for review, that could make quite a difference. A scary thought.

My suggestion would be to deny him both privileges, and all the others that come with the office. ;)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:The problem is, of course, that if he gets to sign a bill, he also gets to nominate SCOTUS justices.
If the USA has lost its mind and actually votes Trump in, the silver lining on the cloud (I hope) is most of what he wants to do are things he can't do simply by decree. He'll need the approval of Congress. Let's hope he can't get it - including whatever Supreme Court justices he is likely to nominate. Justice Palin and Justice Bachmann.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:[Let's hope he can't get it - including whatever Supreme Court justices he is likely to nominate.
I don' t believe he will win however, what makes you think congress won' t approve his nominees for the supreme court? I think they will approve them....Who knows maybe the court will have another Justice Thomas.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:what makes you think congress won' t approve his nominees for the supreme court?
I didn't say "I think." I said "I hope." Of course, even if Trump wins, that doesn't guarantee him a Republican congress. After all, look what happened to Obama - A Democrat president stuck with a Republican congress. And even if Trump would get a Republican congress, so many Republicans have turned against him, I would hope - not think-hope - even a Republican congress would refuse to back his lunatic stance on major issues.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

You guys are so harsh. He LOVES (the) gays. Proof? Pudding? Doctored?

One has to love the woman just behind them, eyeballing them. In her disgust and angst.
The Latino dude (I think) is right on handsome.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Alex

Post by Alex »

That's a heartwarming photo, Smiles! :)
RoaminRooster

Post by RoaminRooster »

Gaybutton wrote:Oh good. Now Trump thinks he gets to nullify the Supreme Court's ruling. I wonder if anyone is going to let him know it doesn't work that way.
WE HAVE SEEN LAWS MEAN NOTHING TO "OBAMA" WITH HIS EXECUTIVE ORDER FORM OF GOVERNING !