High Season for Arabs

Anything and everything about Thailand
thaifarang

Re: High Season for Arabs

Post by thaifarang »

Undaunted wrote:I agree with you more than you will ever know, as for those that think different why do you feel you must accommodate them by being politically correct?
Good question. I think because in daily life (at work for example) you also can't speak your view openly with colleagues. You will be called a racist, it can limit pormotation opportunities. So you learn to not speak all your views, because left wing people are not capable of handling certain views. They can go so far of taking care you loose your job because they not agree with you, smear you etc. Look at current university campuses how this process works.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

thaifarang wrote: I agree 100%.

But on this forum are some very left wing people (I mean people who not only disagree with a right winger, but hate them; people who hate people who think different, they are on this forum!). They can not handle statements like that, so I formulated it less severe.

If it is up to me then indeed zero Muslim immigration.
Indeed, there is a number of people on here who seem to take delight in proclaiming their virtue by shouting it from the rooftops, before sitting back and wallowing in their own self-righteousness while, at the same time, taking the opportunity to denigrate those who have the temerity to disagree with them. Political correctness is a disease with which these people are infected and something which they attempt to impose upon others. They are not going to impose it upon me.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

As we get older , we become more and more conscious of the tide of history leaving us high and dry. I certainly feel that way about the trash that passes for "popular" culture, for instance.

But in one respect I am surfing on the tide and am so grateful to my parents, my London up-bringing and the people that I've met who have enabled me to enjoy the opportunities and pleasures of living in mixed cultures, races and religions. From Jamaica in the 70s, to Africa in the 80s and 90s, and Palestine for the past couple of decades....not to mention Thailand , where I've met my the love of my life. I don't wish to sound patronising, but I feel genuinely sorry for those who live in white enclaves and can't experience these pleasures.

When it comes to immigration to this country- something that "made" the UK over a period of two thousand years- I take a much more benign view than some. After all, we exploited Africa and Asia, grew rich through slavery and continued to benefit from our Empire for decades. It even helped to saved us from Nazism . And there are a number of nations across the world which are dominated by people of British ancestry. Immigrants. And the natives barely survive.

As far as the current refugee crisis concerned, it is a case of "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" Our lust for oil and the perverse belief in Crusades led us into unwinnable situations in the Middle East which caused untold misery for millions. And even now, after all this failure, we continue to meddle in Syria as we indirectly support our erstwhile enemies in the attempt to remove another secular (if unpleasant) government. Of course we should play our part in re-settling the victims of our collective stupidity, mendacity and malice. We caused much of the suffering ... for instance we (the UK) largely created the Israel problem almost single-handedly after the Great War.

The days of Apartheid- whether it be the South African or Israel variety, are over, or at least numbered. Mass movement of peoples has been on-going for thousands of years but It's now facilitated by improved transport and communication. And it is the future for mankind. Get used to it.
"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."