The Best Hamburger In Pattaya!

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

The Best Hamburger In Pattaya!

Post by Undaunted »

A friend asked me to join him for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch the burger was a 10 oz wonder the price was a wonder too 699bht + 10% serve. & 7% Vat. :o
lvdkeyes

Re: The Best Hamburger In Pattaya!

Post by lvdkeyes »

At over 800 THB, it is more than rib eye steak at many good restaurants in Pattaya.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Checked the menu and they have all kinds of burgers with that humongous 10 oz burger obviously the most expensive. I will pay them a visit.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

It's been a few years now, but the cheeseburger I had at the Hard Rock was the best I've ever had anywhere outside of the USA.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Captain Swing wrote:It's been a few years now, but the cheeseburger I had at the Hard Rock was the best I've ever had anywhere outside of the USA.
Well I just had the classic American cheeseburger and one could make a strong argument that it is the best burger in Pattaya if not the most expensive, in Thailand I am not so sure. In any argument it wins in the size battle, and it is imported angus from Australia but for me the beef is too lean not having the proper fat content. That's why burgers in America taste better and an HRC burger in America is better. The huge beef paddy dwarfed the small onions and tomatoes and pickles. I know I am being picky as I can't think of a better burger in Pattaya. I paid 800 total includes vat and service, for a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke which matches prices in America. They sell something called the Legend which adds bacon and might be bigger, I am not sure sure. The service was excellent, good English, he never wrote the order down (an HRC tradition I understand), noise might be issue for some if place gets crowded after all it is the HRC and noise is encouraged. I will go back after my wallet recovers.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Had the cheeseburger with a friend tonight at the Drift Restaurant /Bar which is on the 16th floor of the Hilton, one floor above the Edge Restaurant which has the wonderful buffets. This is NOT the Best Hamburger in Pattaya and a big disappointment. Two thumbs down.
crabby

Post by crabby »

800b is almost $28.00. You can get a 14oz rib-eye steak at Copeland's fine dining restaurant for that, with loaded baked potato and vegetable. That burger better come with a short time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

crabby wrote:800b is almost $28.00.
Good to hear from you, Crabby. Come back to Pattaya, at least for a little while. You've been away too long.

If 800 baht is the price of the best hamburger in Pattaya, I'll settle for second best.

I still have yet to ever have had a hamburger anywhere, ever, that I liked better than Thomas's. As far as I'm concerned, his was not just the best in Pattaya. His was the best, period.
crabby

Post by crabby »

Thanks Gaybutton. I miss y'all allot. I do not know why there isn't a good reasonably priced burger in Pattaya. I bought Villa's ground beef and buns and made a good profit at 150b
loke

Post by loke »

The best burger in Pattaya is at Hippopatimus restaurant in 5th floor Central Festival . They only use imported beef and they really know how to prepare it , very tasty and only 2-300 baht . My favourite is the blue cheese burger.