Silly Trivia Question

Alex

Re: Silly Trivia Question

Post by Alex »

That's a fascinating account, Tripod Mike. I think I'd get into the same kind of trouble like you, because I'd probably root for the bull as well. But it's highly unlikely I'll ever be in attendance.

I remember a high school discussion when a famous matador was killed in Spain. I wasn't at all sympathetic and I hoped his senseless death would deter others, but of course that was naive. If it were my decision, I'd ban bullfights without any exceptions. I do understand it's an important part of culture in some places, but wherever that used to be the case with taking (human) scalps, that's not allowed anymore, too. ;)
Tripod Mike

Post by Tripod Mike »

Alex - You will be happy to know more and more Provinces in Spain have changed their attitudes, where Bulls will no longer be allowed to be killed in the Ring. Barcelona has outlawed Bullfighting entirely. Portugal Matadors haven't killed a bull in public for many many years. When the fight is nearly over, the assistants and even the Matador himself will toy with the bull by grabbing his horns and letting the bull take him for a ride, all along trying to throw the bull to the ground. The exhausted bull is then led away, out of sight, either to be humanely killed or returned to the ranch for breeding.

I'm sure you'll agree this subject has been totally exhausted by now. We went drifting from a Trivia Zebra question to bullburgers, Bullfighting, and finally to people's changing attitudes. Now what other subjects do we wish to discuss? Canoeing up a Panama Jungle River to visit the Darian Indian Tribe - dancing with their topless women and given an ankle Tatoo by a beautiful young topless girl? Or maybe we would prefer talking about going completely nude at a popular nude beach on the Greek Island of Mykenos. How about riding a donkey up the mountain to an Acropolis on Cyprus. Perhaps buying a real magic carpet in Istanbul. Better still, it's time for GB to step in.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

So there's not really a bullfight? Just some poncey little poseur in a padded Y-front taunting a bull weakened by torture to death? I'd call that bullying. Not fighting.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I am not really defending bullfighting, but many many years ago I went to one in Barcelona and the bull gored and threw the matador about 10 feet, So, there are times when the bull gets his share.