Tapas Restaurant - Jomtien Complex

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
windwalker

Re: Tapas Restaurant - Jomtien Complex

Post by windwalker »

This was my second visit to Tapas and this time I did try the tapas. Had four of them plus gazpacho soup which was excellent. I am not familar with tapas, but the ones served were tasty and bite-sized and the meal did satiate me. Also checked out the menu of L'Arc which looked very appealing and will try that next time.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

I've visited here probably 5/6 times and find the food decent quality and great value. The waiters are pretty cute too. Got at least 2 phone numbers out of my visits..lol. I can also recommend the Sangria which is great match to most of the Tapas menu
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

WOW...6 visits and 2 phone numbers from among the cute waiters...
Way to Go lexusgs!

tj
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Last night, March 4, the restaurant inaugurated a Mediterranean Buffet. They will do the buffet every Monday, beginning at 7:00pm. I was there with friends. Erich from La Dolce Vita, the owner of the Blue Olive restaurant, and "Nicky's Gay Pattaya" were also there.

My group really liked it. They had dozens of items to choose from - everything from salads to tapas to a selection of hot items including an excellent toast pork filet. There were also fresh fruits and yogurt based desserts.

We certainly enjoyed it and plan to return regularly. I urge reservations if you plan to give it a try. By 7:45pm every table was filled. See: http://www.east-suites.com/east-tapas-lounge
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

windwalker wrote:This was my second visit to Tapas and this time I did try the tapas. Had four of them plus gazpacho soup which was excellent. I am not familar with tapas, but the ones served were tasty and bite-sized and the meal did satiate me. Also checked out the menu of L'Arc which looked very appealing and will try that next time.
I enjoy the Tapas Restaurant and their new buffet on Monday's. A recent visit to L'Arc was a disappointment. Not only was the food pricey compared to the competition, it just wasn't as good as other French restaurants in Pattaya.
loke

Post by loke »

I think maybe I will try Mediterranean Buffet next monday . What is the price for the buffet ? And is it included drinks ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:What is the price for the buffet ? And is it included drinks ?
The price is 390 baht. It does not include drinks.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We tried the tapas buffet for the first time on Monday and were not disappointed. I will say that 50 baht for water is a bit excessive.
AnotherGuy

Post by AnotherGuy »

The place seems to be interesing. I will give it a try.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

PeterUK wrote:I've heard good reports about the tapas items. Unfortunately, a friend and I shared the Chateaubriand on our visit and it was dreadful - tough as old boots, horrible taste and we left nearly all of it.
That's the wrong restaurant to go to for a Chateaubriand. If you like tapas, that's what to order. If you want a good Chateaubriand, I suggest Manhattans or Mata Hari.