60 day visa exemption MAY apply to UK and Europeans

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

60 day visa exemption MAY apply to UK and Europeans

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm not placing this topic under "Announcements" just yet because at this time it is only a proposal. It is a proposal I believe stands a good chance of passing. I don't know why Americans wouldn't be included. My guess is if the proposal does pass, then Americans will also be included.

My first question is whether this will bring back visa runs for those who wish to stay in Thailand up to 120 or even 180 days. Will immigration permit it - leave Thailand and then immediately return for another 60 days visa free or block being able to do that? Let's see if the proposal even passes first.

If this does become a reality, that's when I'll post a topic under "Announcements".

Thai Tourism Authorities Propose to Unlock 60-Day Visa Exemption for European Tourists

By Tanakorn Panyadee

14 November, 2023

European travelers could potentially soon enjoy 60 days of exploration in Thailand without visa requirements, as reported by the Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry.

Minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol stated on Monday, November 13th, that the tourism ministry is contemplating proposing to the Thai Cabinet to extend the visa exemption period for visitors from 50 European countries from 30 days to 60 days.

The objective is to revitalize Thailand’s tourism industry, building upon the currently effective exemption for visitors from China and Kazakhstan.

According to Ms. Sudawan, in the initial stage, the extension will mainly encompass countries in and around Europe, including the UK, Germany, Scandinavian nations, and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), such as Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.

She explained that European visitors account for about 20% of foreign arrivals to Thailand, and the majority of high-spending visitors originate from this region. Therefore, with the waiver extended, it will encourage these travelers to explore Thailand even more extensively and for a longer duration, she said.

“The Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) are discussing the extension together,” Ms. Sudawan revealed.

Last year, European tourists stayed an average of 18.55 nights per person, spending an average of 66,000 baht per trip. However, during the early period of 2023, their spending surged to over 80,000 baht per trip.

The TAT has established a revenue target of 2.5 billion baht from foreign visitors for the year 2024. Additionally, Thai domestic tourists are expected to contribute another 1 trillion baht to the industry, aiming for a total tourism revenue of 3.5 trillion baht next year.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/11/14/t ... -tourists/
gerefan

Re: 60 day visa exemption MAY apply to UK and Europeans

Post by gerefan »

Too late.

Anyone considering a long stay will already have made arrangements to be there over Christmas and New Year. They will have already have gone though the nausea,and it is BIG nausea, getting a 60 or 90 day visa.

Ask me how I know!

TiT
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:54 am They will have already have gone though the nausea,and it is BIG nausea, getting a 60 or 90 day visa.
A good point. Why not make visa applications EASY ? They don't need most of the stuff asked for and much of the remaining data could be copied from your previous application.

They have your passport number, your photo, your fingerprints and evidence of a good track record.

How about:
1 Welcome back, is your passport still ********* ?
2 How many days would you like ?
3 Visa approved, click here to download.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:45 am Why not make visa applications EASY ?
I'll tell you why not. Because that would make sense . . .
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Jun wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:45 am 1 Welcome back, is your passport still ********* ?
2 How many days would you like ?
3 Visa approved, click here to download.
How many countries are you aware of that use this method, and for which nationalities?
Gaybutton wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:35 am
Jun wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:45 am Why not make visa applications EASY ?
I'll tell you why not. Because that would make sense . . .
I may be a bit out of touch with current procedures so enlighten me - how easy it is for a Thai national to get a visa to the USA? and for other nationalities?
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:46 pm I may be a bit out of touch with current procedures so enlighten me
One procedure I'll enlighten you about is your obsession with adversarial posting. I've warned you about it many times and it has been going on for years. My patience is nearly at an end. If you can't contribute anything other than that kind of posting to this board, then don't bother posting. I don't know why you always feel some sort of need to submit such posting, but no matter what your reasons may be, I'm not going tolerate it. If you want to retain your posting privileges on this board, I suggest you think carefully, very carefully, before clicking that 'submit' icon.

I hope Jun duly ignores your post and doesn't dignify it with a response. If you really want to know "How many countries are you aware of that use this method, and for which nationalities?" Try Google.