Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:25 pm
So, back to the manual SLOW process of getting to know the guys.....
Speaking only for myself, I believe that's the best way anyhow. I, for one, prefer to get to know the boy as a person. The high tech way is too much like shopping for a commodity to suit my tastes. If I want to shop for a piece of meat, I'll go to a grocery store. I think making it too high tech also makes it too impersonal.

BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

GB, I also still like the personal approach - I am just suggesting a way to streamline the process to get to the guys that would meet my needs.
Too much time and $money% is wasted on the current approach - you sit down in a bar, you chat with a guy, you buy him a drink, you find out that he is not your type, you pay your bill, and you move onto the next guy. Then you repeat the process, and you believe that he is the one and you bring him home and it is a disaster in bed. So, back to the bars and start all over again.

Having the QR code with his bio and contact details you can cut through so much of the above wasted time and money....

Jun

Post by Jun »

BKKDreamer wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:35 pm
Having the QR code with his bio and contact details you can cut through so much of the above wasted time and money....
Would the customers be happy to wear a QR code ? I wouldn't be. Then when the QR code effectively states that he's from Cambodia or Lao and working at XYZ bar, its closer to documenting their status as an illegal bar employee.

So far on this trip, most boys I've bought a drink for were guys I knew already via Grindr.
There are 3 more who I didn't know well before, who also got drinks.
A delightful Lao guy, who I hooked up with
An adorable gogo boy, who I sadly haven't seen in the bar since
A lovely Khmer lad who I've seen somewhere before covid, but had never offed. So far. I like him a lot too.

In a host bar I prefer to at least let them introduce themselves before ordering a drink. That little test improves the odds of spending the few hundred baht on someone I like being with.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:35 pm
I am just suggesting a way to streamline the process
If anyone ever comes up with a high tech way, without losing the personal touch or putting the boy in some sort of legal jeopardy, then I might be in favor of it - or at least giving it a try. But I don't foresee bar owners going for it even if it could become a reality. Then again, when mobile phones first came out I didn't see much use for it. Now I can't imagine being without it.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Bars don't want the process to be too streamlined, as they clearly want you to stay there and buy drinks.

I think the optimum way for a host bar to operate is for boys to look out for customers who might be interested, then greet them and say a few words. Then carry on
The relaxed Lao boy who just started talking to me in one BKK host bar with no pressure to buy a drink got his drink, his tip and a short time tip another day.