The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
BKKDreamer

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by BKKDreamer »

oh Jun - I was at the Dorothy's Showbar last night - with one of my Thai friends and we saw that Jive Band performance. It was actually pretty good - full of energy and they sang fun songs that you could request from the audience - which was mainly the personal friends of the owner. They call these nights, Open Mic Night, which will be every Saturday and Tuesday evenings.

For the lady boy shows I was never a big fan of them. Then, a fellow forum member from https://www.gayguides.com/ who was visiting Jomtien asked me to accompany him to see the M2M show. I was resistant at first but he convinced me to join him. I was quite surprised and I was very entertained and one of the performances made me cry - as it was very convincing. So, I have changed my opinion to be less resistant from seeing these shows. These lady boys and their sexy dancer performers put their heart and souls into their performances - it was not lame at all.

I want to eventually venture into the Dragon Music Lounge - because someone told me that you can dance inside after 10pm. And the Complex definitely needs a place for us to dance in and also a gogo place. I would prefer a T-Dance - like we used to have in New York which started earlier in the evening.
Jun

Post by Jun »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:36 pmSo, I have changed my opinion to be less resistant from seeing these shows. These lady boys and their sexy dancer performers put their heart and souls into their performances - it was not lame at all.
Well, it's good to hear from someone who has seen the show. What was the mix of acts like ? How many were dominated by lady boys ? What were the boys wearing ?
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

The mix of acts were of different themes of famous very known singers where the act on the stage was satire of the given impersonation.
For example, there was Tina Turner and Whitney Houston - with a cocaine sniffing incident by the lady boy (or trans) where the 2 sexy accompanying dancers were dressed up as police with billy club nightsticks to get the situation under control. It was very entertaining.
There were probably 10 different acts.
8 out of the 10 acts were dominated by lady boys - but these were not your traditional boring lady boys - but instead acts to truly entertain and/or move the audience emotionally.
The boys were wearing either their traditional dance outfits - high black boots with black pants and black open shirt with or without a vest.
But, in some of the acts, the boys were sometimes topless where the torso was completely nude or clothed in some sexually revealing vest or shirt.
The main point is that the energy was fully on and full of passion which was transmitted to the audience. The night I was there it was a full house and us audience were going up to the stage often to tip the different dance teams - which were usually the main lady boy and the 2 accompanying sexy dancers.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

https://twitter.com/GaySupertown/status ... 16/photo/1

In today's Gay Supertown Twitter feed, there is the above tweet of the next Venue Midnight (sexy) Show.
Unfortunately, with the way that this forum is setup I am not aware of how to directly post a photo/image directly into this forum.
In the other 2 forums - it is easy - you just click on the Insert Image button and then a navigation window opens from where you can select the image that you want to insert from your computer into this forum.
Does anyone know how to do this in GB's forum?
Or has this feature been deactivated ?
bi-top

Post by bi-top »

Jun wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 pm
According to my logic:
1 Gay people like boys. So why is it assumed we want to see them dressed up as ladies, sometimes to the extent where we can barely tell the difference ?
2 I have no objection to people choosing to do that and I respect diversity in the community. However, there is no diversity in having every single gay cabaret show in the country led by lady boys.
Hi Jun ... my memory is failing and I tend to forget more and more. But I remember a boyztown show a million years ago that had a very drag singer/entertainer on one side of the club; and the most amazing water show in a swimming pool (actually, it was a giant water tank) on the other side of the building. The boys who did the water show were amazing at what they did - and IMO, it was the most unique show in Pattaya that I knew of.

I have mentioned the Venue's show as being ok because of the twinks in it. As to the really campy/drag shows that you mentioned -- I can't comment because I have never attended those shows as they don't interest me in the least. What I have seen in JC is mostly bland, and non-sexy / non-erotic as one could get; they could almost be watched by families.

BUT -- what are the club's alternatives? What kind of show can they produce that "gay people" will like and choose to attend? I didn't see the Elton John tribute the other night, but I think that would have been more interesting to sit around with friends and listen to if it was any good.

There was a thread on this forum where guys lashed out about the entertainment and exclaimed that they weren't looking for entertainment in gay bars (ie: shows). All they wanted were guys on stage wearing as little clothing as possible. But how does JC implement entertainment since they aren't "gogos"?

---------------------------

I'll share with you what I would like to see -- a boy parade. No costumes (well, short-shorts and no shirt would be too much to ask for!) One or two times per night (?such as 8pm and midnight), all the boys working in each club parade from one end of supertown to the other, carrying signs at the front and back of their "parade" that identify their club. Let customers buy mardi-gras style beads and throw to the guys they like.

I would enjoy it because I would get to see all the boys working in all the clubs out front and visible; and smiling at the men they pass. It would encourage me to visit smaller boys that I have never been in because there was a guy that interested me and I see that he is working tonight. This shows me all the boys; the ones who were behind the bar; or sitting with customers; or sitting with friends and you can see them clearly -- and see their body.

One club in boyztown does this and I thought it was brilliant.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

Wow bi-top - your idea for a boy parade in JC is fantastic.
That would really liven things up and add some excitement to the often docile atmosphere.

If you do not mind can I expand on your great idea ?

you mentioned that they would carry signs at front and back - can they also include a QR code so that as they pass by - we can use our smartphones to capture the QR codes that interest us where the QR would open up a small biography of the guy - what he is into, is he offable, how to contact him, etc. Like a walking Grinder/Hornet in the flesh live ....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:12 am can they also include a QR code so that as they pass by
If we're going to modernize to that extent, maybe PromptPay can fit in somewhere - paying the bar bill, paying the off fee, paying the boy's tip, etc. Maybe they'll start offering a package that pays the whole thing . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

If looking for a boy in Jomtien, it makes sense to slowly walk up and down the soi looking for the bars with the cute boys. One advantage of the host bar format is that they are all visible, so no BBB style parade is necessary.
In the case of BBB, their parade saves me the bother of going inside, as there were other bars with a more interesting selection of lads.