Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Further bar reports are welcome......
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Boyz Boyz Pattaya. Report: 2 November 2022 2200-0040. Pretty much a full house by showtime 2230. Boys in full street clothes, sorry of that's not to your liking. A lot on stage, not much room, in three columns, they rotate. A little for everyone but leaning on the masculine. I would say some are lookers. Drinks 350.

The show is in three stages with the boys returning to the stage between acts. Erotic shows, dancing, B-Boys in two separate acts and a few ladyboy dance/lip sync performances. Over 20 in the big cock show and presentation to the customers for tips.

I was last there a few months ago and this is an improvement in the boys(quality and quantity) and the quality of the show.

Maybe not for everyone but I had a good time. I will return.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Skimpy shorts may not have been accurate on my Winner Bar assessment. I’d say tight underwear, or bikini underwear. Very revealing and not leaving much to the imagination. Similar to Toy Boys.

I don’t take photos in bars or I would provide one.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:44 pm I don’t take photos in bars or I would provide one.
Actually you are right not to take photos in the bars. In most bars, that is verboten. But if any of the owners want to provide any photos beyond what they put on a Facebook page, I'll be glad to post them.

Ever since I opened this board I have made it clear to the bar owners that they can advertise here, via posts, as much as they want, as often as they want, totally free of charge or any obligation whatsoever to me. That offer still stands. Any bar or venue owner that ever advertised on my board will verify that I have never - never - approached them in any way for anything at all. Some venue owners know me by sight, but most don't. When I do go to these venues, I usually don't tell them who I am.

Once in a while a bar does advertise here, but only rarely. Gay friendly venues are also welcome to advertise here, also under the same offer, if they wish.

I can only tell the owners what a Thai boy typically would say: "Up to you"
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Continuing Bar Reports: Last night 22 November 2022 we went to Moonlight in Bangkok. I noticed the famous Suriwong Hotel is now open, it's been closed and boarded up since the first outbreak of COVID.

450B entry at the door, includes one drink. Arrived at 2200. It was about 1/4 full with customers and around 3/4 full at 2230, showtime. Mostly Asian customers including women. A few had open bottles. There were a lot of boys, more than 40, on the masculine, toned to muscular. Five they class in the "model" category. The famous Babe was not present. Of the regular boys I would say that some in my opinion were exceptional. No twinks, no fems and no skinny boys. Fully dressed in the same blue long gym pants but some shirtless.

Still no smoking inside but music level over 90dcb, loud. Seats still mostly uncomfortable.

The show kept my attention and was mostly the models doing new dance routines, sometimes in skimpy g-strings but no full nudity! No sex shows! The manager joked that sex shows are yesterdays news and just so 90's. There was an entertaining two man real singing routine performing as the boys rotated and swayed with the beat in the background.

Off's I was told was 500. "Tips" start at 2000 up to a lot, negotiate.

A bar not for everyone but it does have a following. I was told weekends it fills to capacity.

Side note: The Silom area was packed. Silom soi 4, Balcony and Circus at capacity at 2100. Customers of all ages and nationalities but a noticeable increase in Asian patrons, some super cute. They flock in groups. I asked if it has been this way all week and I was told it was. A little more busy weekends but also busy during the week. Wait for a table or walk away.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Another blow to Sunee plaza... The One bar is closing. That bar has been in Sunee for years and years, and the female owner has had bars in Sunee ever since the Sunee plaza bar area was created 20+ years ago. She told me a few days ago she will close the bar, move home to Isaan and retire. It will be yet another dark spot in Sunee. Only 4 bars remain.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:06 pmAnother blow to Sunee plaza... The One bar is closing.
Thank you for updating us.

The first 5 words had me worried. The next 5 put my mind at rest, since the end of The One Bar has been inevitable for some time now.

I couldn't see any reason to visit The One bar. There's nothing in the bar and unlike Jomtien, you can't sit there admiring what's going on in the other nearby bars. It was barely any more sociable than drinking a beer in your hotel room.

Losing Winner Boys or, for those that like that type of thing, Nice Boys, would be a serious blow to Sunee Plaza.

The remaining bars need to give us some reason to go there. Here I have a picture from what I think may be All of Me bar, which I took in December 2015. Several cute lads in shorts, including one of my past favourite lads. If somewhere like Diamond Bar managed to get cute friendly staff like these, wearing shorts, then there's some reason to go there.
Obviously it's something of a chicken and egg situation, as without any customers, it's difficult to pay a bevy of cute staff. So I have some sympathy with the owners who face an uphill struggle.

gerefan

Post by gerefan »

SP55 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:06 pm Another blow to Sunee plaza... The One bar is closing. That bar has been in Sunee for years and years, and the female owner has had bars in Sunee ever since the Sunee plaza bar area was created 20+ years ago. She told me a few days ago she will close the bar, move home to Isaan and retire. It will be yet another dark spot in Sunee. Only 4 bars remain.
Strange!
See the thread I started on Sawatdee in August when she told me exactly the same thing!
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthre ... 0%99t)-ONE
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I don’t think Nice Boys is going anywhere soon. I was there last Saturday night and there were about 18 customers, I think about a dozen boys. Most of the seats filled. Granted, two boys had birthdays so probably balloon chasers.

Some new boys, one would be considered a twink if he shaved his mustache. Another couple twinks that are there just for show.

Winner bar was another story.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:43 pm I have some sympathy with the owners who face an uphill struggle.
I wish I could say the same, but I can't. I see no indication that the owners are even attempting any kind of struggle whatsoever. Nothing has changed about the way they operate. Customer suggestions and complaints fall on deaf ears. They do nothing - nothing - to try to attract customers. And they do nothing to cause the few customers who do come to want to be repeat customers.

I have zero sympathy for that. Collectively, I see Sunee Plaza as a true loss if it goes completely under. Individually, the bars that won't even try - to me that's no loss at all.

If the bars were making a genuine, noticeable effort, then I would definitely be sympathetic and supportive. Unfortunately I see none of that happening.