When was your most recent off from a gogo bar ?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Post by Jun »

Whilst we have quite a bit of talk about gogo bars, there's much less discussion about offing people.

My last was on 4-Feb 2021, from Winner Boys. A Thai lad. Service was fairly quick, so I wouldn't be that keen on a repeat. The one before that was also from Winner Boys, long time. A total of two offs from gogo bars on that trip, although gogo bars were shut for much of the time. All the others were phone app lads.

On the 2021~2 trip to Thailand, I didn't have any realistic opportunities, as most of the gogo bars were closed. The only one open in Pattaya was Nice Boys, which didn't have any suitable boys.
In Bangkok, the Fresh Boys selection looked far worse than usual and they were overdressed, so I didn't get past the doorway.
However, the phone apps did a fine job.
Daleinpattaya

Re: When was your most recent off from a gogo bar ?

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I don’t recall the date, but whenever FUNNY BOYS was still open!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For me, once I lived in Thailand it was quite rare for me to take boys off from bars. When I used to come for holidays, before living here, I was in the bars and taking boys off almost nightly.

Once I was in Thailand permanently and at the time before the advent of the apps, my preference was to meet boys on my own, usually at the beach. Once the apps were a major part of the equation and boys started disappearing from the beach, I relied mainly on the apps and still do.

That doesn't mean I didn't go to the bars regularly. For the first few years I was a regular in Sunee Plaza and a part of a small group of expats who became known as the "Barmy Army". But most of my time in Sunee Plaza was spent at Corner Bar. I only went to the go-go bars on occasion and usually didn't stay very long. I hardly ever took boys off from the bars, even the ones I was interested in. I had plenty of other ways to meet the same boys without having to endure the loud music, the pushy mama-sans, and buying drinks I didn't even want (I'm not a drinker). Besides, I prefer sexual encounters in the afternoon. I much prefer afternoons rather than night.

"Some men are lovers
They work under covers
And from lady's bed to lady's bed they leap.
But I want to drink to
The man nobody drinks to
The fellow who gets into bed and goes to sleep"

- Yul Brynner (Taras), 'Taras Bulba'

I suppose I'm an example of the fellow Yul wanted to drink to . . .

As far as I was concerned, and to this day still believe, Sunee Plaza started on its downward spiral the day Michael (aka Crabby) and Thomas left Corner Bar.

I'm not certain exactly how long it's been, but I would say the last time I actually took a boy off from a bar - go-go or beer bar - rather than meeting by other means - must be approximately 12 to 15 years ago by now.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

My last time that I took someone home from a go-go bar was pre-covid in 2019 from BoyzBoyzBoyz.
I moved here 2 months ago and all of my offs have been from the massage parlors and/or apps.
However, I have been to both the Dream Boy and BoyzBoyzBoyz gogo bars with fellow members from the www.gayguides.com forum who were looking for fellow forum members who already live here to meet up and to visit the gogo bars and of course non gogo local venues together.
Like what GB wrote above, once it is late into the night, my desire to have sex greatly diminishes - especially after I have already eaten dinner and had the required drinks at the gogo bars. So, I just watched and helped the forum members to off their gogo bar guy special. And I always find this process entertaining - even with the extra pressure from the mamasan because I am also not offing a guy.
So, I like the apps and massage parlors because I can have my off at an earlier time in the day - my ideal time is 7pm and unfortunately the gogo bars start too late and my optimal time for sex has already passed.

Too bad they don't have gogo bars for us who prefer it earlier in the day....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:24 pm Too bad they don't have gogo bars for us who prefer it earlier in the day....
Actually I know of no legal reason why they don't. As far as I know the rules regulate closing times, but nothing I know about regulates opening times.

If I am correct in that they can open just about whatever time they choose, I suppose they don't because they don't expect customers during the day or early evening.

Of course, maybe there is some kind of rule in place that I simply don't know about. If not, what's to stop the bars from closing at 2:00am, according to the rules, and opening at 2:01am . . . ?
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

GB, I have seen on some of the Youtube bloggers located here in Pattaya that they have "Gentleman's Clubs" for our heterosexual straight brothers.
Is there such a concept for us gay here in Pattaya? The reason that I ask is that these places are open in the afternoon for some afternoon delight.
There is the Sansuk Sauna - but there is no gogo or off for pay that I could see the last time I was there (one month ago) and there were several signs disbursed around the facility warning about off for pay possibilities....
Jun

Post by Jun »

I believe Golden Cock in Bangkok used to open in the afternoons. However, their boys were not my type at all, so opening hours were irrelevant.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:09 pm Is there such a concept for us gay here in Pattaya?
Nothing I've ever heard of. As for the hetero "Gentleman's Clubs", The last I heard was they all had to close down for Covid. If any have reopened, I haven't heard about it.

I don't see much point in any venue opening or reopening unless they have reason to expect enough customers to support it. Just how much wait-and-see is going on is a good question. But fighting a risky, potentially losing battle doesn't seem to be what all that many venues are willing to do.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Jun wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:10 pm I believe Golden Cock in Bangkok used to open in the afternoons. However, their boys were not my type at all, so opening hours were irrelevant.
Yes, Golden Cock was open in the afternoon. Long time ago they had some decent boys!
bi-top

Post by bi-top »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:46 pm
BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:09 pm Is there such a concept for us gay here in Pattaya?
Nothing I've ever heard of. As for the hetero "Gentleman's Clubs", The last I heard was they all had to close down for Covid. If any have reopened, I haven't heard about it.

I don't see much point in any venue opening or reopening unless they have reason to expect enough customers to support it. Just how much wait-and-see is going on is a good question. But fighting a risky, potentially losing battle doesn't seem to be what all that many venues are willing to do.
Whatttttt? They are all open. Maybe a Hundred between Soi Honey, LK, Boomerang, Soi Pothole, Bongkot - and Third road. I've even written about the Gentleman's Club bar crawls on another thread.