Winner Boys to resume go-go November 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Winner Boys to resume go-go November 1

Post by Gaybutton »

I can confirm that Sunee Plaza's Winner Boys bar is resuming go-go November 1.

What I don't know is how many boys there will be or what they will be wearing. I won't be able to go myself, so if any of you go, please let us know.
SP55

Re: Winner Boys to resume go-go November 1

Post by SP55 »

I would say it was a good (re-)start. When I was there about 15 customers at one point, and customers ofc kept coming and going.
Only 6 boys, that was the only negative. But I would say everyone of those 6 boys were handsome and they were very entertaining, smiling, flirty and dancing in tiny underwear. I had a good time there and so it looked like others had too. Hopefully the boys made good money and tell their friends so more boys will start work there.
Jun

Post by Jun »

How much are the drinks now ?

Prices were far below other gogos. I think there might be scope to increase prices and invest the money in bribing a few more boys to show up & disrobe.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:49 am How much are the drinks now ?

Prices were far below other gogos. I think there might be scope to increase prices and invest the money in bribing a few more boys to show up & disrobe.
Drinkprices were the same. Boydrink was 155 so it might have gone up 10 baht or something. Very good prices!
I disagree completely about raising prices. Low and fair prices is one thing that I like alot with Winnerboys and what makes expats can visit regularly.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:11 am Drinkprices were the same. Boydrink was 155 so it might have gone up 10 baht or something. Very good prices!
I disagree completely about raising prices. Low and fair prices is one thing that I like alot with Winnerboys and what makes expats can visit regularly.
You said only 6 boys was a negative, so how would you get more in there ?

My idea is to pay them more, but of course I understand it's a compromise.

I think the draught beer was 89 baht last time I was there, which was something of a bargain and is actually lower than some of the Jomtien bars. Although in terms of beer, that's not quite like for like. The draught is some fairly weak stuff, but it tastes better than water and lower alcohol content is good if I'm thinking of offing a lad.
bi-top

Post by bi-top »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:58 am You said only 6 boys was a negative, so how would you get more in there ?
My idea is to pay them more, but of course I understand it's a compromise.
Winner Boys doesn't seem to fit the same profile as other bars. All of his boys/workers could have made A LOT more money working elsewhere. But they stayed even though they made little to nothing with a "beer bar" concept.

The boys are there because of the owner. They are the only ones who will be able to get more boys to join Winner Boys.

As to the customer's perspective -- there are no new customers. Tourists (gay) aren't venturing into a deserted Sunee Plaza. The only people walking are Indians who rented rooms in Sunee from an Indian Hotel Owner.

Just my opinions ...
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I went to the opening and stayed about two hours. I counted 7 boys, and they were all decent looking.
The one dancing the most (23),
has an exceptional body. I tipped him when he was sitting outside when I left, for his efforts.
One customer bought a bottle of whiskey and had the attention of most of the boys. Probably a good idea, I might do that one night.

The one I sat with has worked there a while. When the bars were closed for a holiday, he and a cute twink who no longer work there, took me to Hi-so bar, which was open that night.

I agree with bi-top that they are loyal to the owner, who is a nice guy.

What I like about this bar, the music selection isn’t bad, and the music is not too loud. Easy to have a conversation.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:54 pmthe music is not too loud. Easy to have a conversation
There are coffee shops with louder music than Winner Boys.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Rocket wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:54 pm One customer bought a bottle of whiskey and had the attention of most of the boys. Probably a good idea, I might do that one night.
One bottle of whiskey and all the boys gather around him and all the other customers suffer?
Not good for business as I see it.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

To be fair, the boys took care of customers. When they were free they would congregate around the customer with the bottle.

They could have spent more time on stage, however the one that was on stage most of the time had a body to die for. I’m surprised he wasn’t taken.