Airport bus service to Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Airport bus service to Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

For years bus service to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport has been readily available, although still not 24 hour service. However, there has never been bus service to and from Pattaya to Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport. Now there is . . .

If you're wondering why I did not place this under "Announcements", there are only two trips per day. That's fine if those times are convenient to your flight schedule. Maybe if there is a major increase in tourists, they'll add more. We'll see. At least something is better than nothing.

I'm sure many are also hoping sooner or later similar bus service to and from Pattaya's U-Tapao Airport will be initiated.

Bus service now available from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya for 350 baht

By Goongnang Suksawat

30 August, 2022

A bus service from the Don Mueang International Airport to Pattaya is now available.

The Don Mueang International Airport first announced on August 16th the new bus service, although press coverage and public announcements were made today, August 30th. They state;

From the Don Mueang International Airport to Pattaya:

The bus service has two round trips per day from 10:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.. (350 baht per person)

The bus ticket is available at the Bell Travel Service on the first floor Gate 10 at Domestic Terminal 2 or online ticket at https://belltravelservice.com/

From Pattaya to Don Mueang International Airport:

The bus service has two round trips per day from 6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.. (350 baht per person)

The bus ticket is available at the Bell Travel Service at Pattaya Bus Terminal (North Pattaya) or online ticket at https://belltravelservice.com/

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/30/b ... -350-baht/
Jun

Re: Airport bus service to Pattaya

Post by Jun »

When they run the bus to DMK is the big question. I didn't see any obvious link to this service from the Bell Travel website.

Using the airport bus is my preferred method of getting between Pattaya and Bangkok. It's relatively comfortable, the view is better than a taxi, it feels far safer and is much cheaper. The difference in time isn't much, when I'm on holiday.

Admittedly, if I were going direct to or from a long haul flight, I'd take a taxi, but in recent years I have started and finished my trips in Bangkok. So the bus is fine for a lazy early afternoon trip between the two cities.

As for Utapao, last time, I walked out of the door, hopped on a mini van for Pattaya and it departed within a couple of minutes. I would still prefer a proper bus, but the minivan worked out OK in this instance.
thaiophilus

Post by thaiophilus »

So far the Bell service seems to be DMK <-> Pattaya North bus station only, but the service from Suvarnabhumi has minibus transfer to/from Pattaya hotels included in the 190B fare. I wonder if that will be extended to the DMK route once it's running?
puan

Post by puan »

Does anyone know the arrival time at the Don Mueang Airport of the 6:00 a.m. Pattaya bus?

I can find no telephone numbers for Bell Travel Service that is working.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:13 pm Does anyone know the arrival time at the Don Mueang Airport of the 6:00 a.m. Pattaya bus?
If the bus leaves at 6:00am, I would guess the arrival time would be between 8:00-8:30am. That would be 'iffy' though - depending on Bangkok's traffic that day. No matter what the arrival time is supposed to be, I wouldn't want to be on a flight cutting it close to the promised arrival time. Maybe that is why no specific arrival time was published.
Jun

Post by Jun »

It's rather odd launching a service, but not putting it on their website. TIT.

They do have a contact e-mail on the website, so I would try using that if planning to use the service.
thaiophilus

Post by thaiophilus »

That's weird. Yesterday the Bell shared transfer page listed buses from both BKK and DMK but today it's only showing the BKK routes. The booking page lists DMK as a destination but the search finds no buses.

I suppose we just have to wait until they get the web site working properly, TiT indeed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiophilus wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:59 pm I suppose we just have to wait until they get the web site working properly, TiT indeed.
Ok, we really don't know what the story is yet - and no working telephone number to call and ask.

Anyone surprised?
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

There has been a free (if you can show a flight ticket) shuttle bus BKK-DMK for years. I only know from internet, never used it. And there is a regular bus line 554 that passes DMK and BKK which I used in 2013 to get from near DMK to Pattaya via BKK.

When I checked the BKK-Pattaya bus in August online, it was booked out for hours in advance, and because I didn't want to commit on a time, I went by regular bus (Rung Rueang) instead. Those have been quite full as well this year and from memory before Corona.
pong

Post by pong »

BUT-do they put all seats in the bus up for online booking? Many buscomp.s do that for only a handful seats.
I have used this free bus DMK-BKK years ago once, and it was smooth-the 555/554 buses etc may-like so many BMTA-buslines, have dwindled to near non-running. With the new raillines it would seem much more reliable but then you would need to bridge the gap between new BangSue and Phiyathai AirlInk end (untill they may finally also get connected in many yrs to come). Otherwise latest extension of BTS north runs backside of DMK-not that convenient (the AirForce runs a kind of circular bus, daytime only, open to anyone DMK-Sapan Mai).
Was not that Bell Bus from Swampy also halved in frequency to ev 2 hrs? No idea if they have gone back to ev. hour. We´ll see-that will last some 2 monthes before I get there back again.