Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
maump

Re: Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Post by maump »

Jun wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 pm
What are the prices like in Dubai ?
Prices in Dubai for food and housing are all over the spectrum. The citizens are rather wealthy. Many tourists come there who are extremely wealthy. They have some of the best hotels in the world and you can stay in the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, or the manmade Palm island. They cater to and want the rich to come and live there. (more than one russian super yacht will be there) lodging will be higher in the high season (dec thru march). Almost as many banks as Colombia.

That being said, the workers are poorly paid and there is plenty of less expensive food and lodging. I rented a 1 bedroom service apartment (2020) for $30/night in the Dubai Marina (Generally High end area). And there is a full spectrum of western chain , pakistani, indian, fake chinese, Filipino food available for 5-8$ (almost 1 for 1 USD/Euro). the local currency is locked to the USD.

Sim chip was too much IMHO. Taxi was reasonable and Mass transit is available.

It is not nearly as cheap like SE Asia or south America.

Nelson1610

Re: Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Post by Nelson1610 »

maump wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 pm
UAE tests all workers (including me) for HIV on entry and have a low HIV percentage.
What about visitors? I'm assuming they are not tested.