2nd Covid booster query

Anything and everything about Thailand
Daleinpattaya

2nd Covid booster query

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I started out with 2 free Astra Zeneca jabs … both at Royal Garden shopping mall … got my 1st booster at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya's (BHP) partner Jomtien Hospital for 1650 baht.

The calendar tells me it is time for booster #2 … this time I plan to opt for Pfizer … I was told by a doctor at BHP that they are only jabbing Moderna these days … for 1650 baht.

Does anybody here have guidance as to where and the most trouble-free way to get a Pfizer booster in Pattaya? Thanks.
2lz2p

Re: 2nd Covid booster query

Post by 2lz2p »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:09 pm Does anybody here have guidance as to where and the most trouble-free way to get a Pfizer booster in Pattaya? Thanks.
Visit the Pattaya City Expats Club's website page for Covid Vaccination information:

https://pcec.club/COVID-VACCINATION-INFORMATION/.

Yesterday, they added a "flyer" from the Pattaya City Hospital's Face Book page. It is in Thai, but they show a Google translation. Their announcement is:
BOOSTER AVAILABLE AT ROYAL GARDEN

Google Translate says this is a Pattaya City Hospital post. Here is what the translation says.

The vaccinations are from 15 June - 31 July 2022. The times are 11:00-15:00.

You can choose the type of vaccine you wish to inject, Phizer, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, or Covovax.

The vaccination site is the Covid-19 Vaccination Center, Pattaya City, Royal Garden Plaza, Pattaya, 1st floor. For more information call 038-103-900.
Scroll down and you will also see information about getting vaccinations including booster shots at a Wat on north Sukhumvit along with a map of its location. The Wat is where I received my Pfizer booster. They usually keep this site updated as they receive information.

Its now been over 6 months since I had my booster, so I will most likely be getting my next one soon.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Free at Bangkok's Bang Sue station. Choice of vaccines and intermuscular or 'under the skin'.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Bangkokian wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm Free at Bangkok's Bang Sue station. Choice of vaccines and intermuscular or 'under the skin'.
That information is also included on the Pattaya City Expats Club's webpage.

However, Daleinpattaya is in Pattaya and probably not interested in traveling to Bangkok to get a booster dose, especially since it can be obtained in Pattaya.

I received my first AZ vaccine at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok as it was not available to foreigners in Pattaya at the time. But, fortunately, it later became available and I obtained my 2nd dose of AZ here in Pattaya thus avoiding the trip to Bangkok. For my booster, it was available at the Royal Garden mall (walk in) or at the Wat on Sukhumvit (appointment or walk in). My Thai friend made an appointment for herself, her husband, and myself for the same date and time period at the Wat. Travel time was about 30 minutes each way and it took only 50 minutes at the Wat to complete the paperwork, get vaccinated, and the required wait time after the shot.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:26 pm I received my first AZ vaccine at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok as it was not available to foreigners in Pattaya at the time. But, fortunately, it later became available and I obtained my 2nd dose of AZ here in Pattaya thus avoiding the trip to Bangkok. For my booster, it was available at the Royal Garden mall (walk in) or at the Wat on Sukhumvit (appointment or walk in). My Thai friend made an appointment for herself, her husband, and myself for the same date and time period at the Wat. Travel time was about 30 minutes each way and it took only 50 minutes at the Wat to complete the paperwork, get vaccinated, and the required wait time after the shot.
A friend was at Royal Garden shopping yesterday and was approached and asked if he wanted a booster, he already had 4 shots so passed, he said there was no line he didn’t ask which vaccine was on offer by chance does anyone know?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:14 am he didn’t ask which vaccine was on offer by chance does anyone know?
According to 2lz2p's post above:

"You can choose the type of vaccine you wish to inject, Phizer, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, or Covovax."

My 2 injections and my booster were all AstraZeneca. I'm thinking if I get another booster to get Phizer this time.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

2lz2p … thanks so much for such 'real', dependable information … will head to Royal Garden in the coming days.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thanks, I’ve had 2 Astra 1 Moderna and will go for Pfizer.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Until the above post, I've never heard of Covovax. Does anyone know anything about it?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I'd never heard of it.

However, google tells me it's the brand name for the Novavax vaccine. I had heard of that as the UK government purchased millions of doses and AFAIK has not used them.
The Pfizer, Moderna and AZ vaccines also have vaccine specific names that some of us don't remember and we never use.

I've had 2 AZ and 2 Pfizer (mainly as I got one Pfizer in Thailand). I have any choice in the matter, the next would be Moderna.

https://www.who.int/news/item/17-12-202 ... -countries