If you are among the super rich - or dream about it - check out HOT Magazine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

If you are among the super rich - or dream about it - check out HOT Magazine

Post by Gaybutton »

Here's the link to Thailand's magazine to attract the super rich:

https://issuu.com/hothuahin/docs/hot_ma ... _volume_10

Scroll down their web page and click on their Hot Magazine link to see more issues.
Jun

Re: If you are among the super rich - or dream about it - check out HOT Magazine

Post by Jun »

Well the cover has a scantily clad lady and the first few pages have more of the same. Perhaps that's what they call Hot ? Then a Bentley ad, a few rooftop hotel pics and a private jet leasing ad.
There's a 2 page spread for a "Mr National Universe" competition. I could find lads more appealing to my eyes in 5 minutes in Jomtien Complex.

Nothing to make me wish I was super rich there.

Later on in the magazine, they have some properties for 9 million baht, which I would imagine would be affordable to almost all board participants.
Gaybutton

Re: If you are among the super rich - or dream about it - check out HOT Magazine

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:49 pm Later on in the magazine, they have some properties for 9 million baht, which I would imagine would be affordable to almost all board participants.
9 million baht, the equivalent of about US $265,000, and to you that's affordable? My congratulations.

For me, that's way beyond my means.

"If you consider a million dollars mere financing, te salute Don Corleone."
- Al Lettieri (Sollozzo), 'The Godfather'
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:21 pm 9 million baht, the equivalent of about US $265,000, and to you that's affordable? My congratulations.
USD $265k is equivalent to about £210k. In much of England, well away from the expensive areas, this will only buy a very small apartment or terraced house. That's a starter home. Have a look on Rightmove.

I expect many members are of a certain age and have graduated onto something bigger. So if they choose to sell up and move to Thailand, I expect they could easily afford a USD $265k property.

I suspect it's the same with people moving from the US. OK, if you're selling a property in Detroit, it might be hard. But in many parts of the US, I gather $265k doesn't buy you much.

So I would be fairly confident that most members could afford this. That's most members, not all members.

Now whilst it is affordable, whether it would be sensible to sell a property in your own country and buy one where you don't have permanent residency rights is another question.
The members who don't need to sell a property to fund it have a different set of questions.

Also, typically I believe farang can not own landed property and can only get a 30 year lease ? If buying at 75, the lease duration is unlikely to be a problem. If buying at 55, maybe there a 40% chance you outlive the lease.