The Latest - restrictions, visas, entry requirements, etc.

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: The Latest - restrictions, visas, entry requirements, etc.

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 am
I think it is a very big deal and certainly not an illness I would want under any circumstances, let alone in a foreign country when I am there for a holiday.
I wrote in a previous post that bars in Soi Buackau were filled to the brim with holidaying farangs. Standing room only, if you could even get in.

So why aren’t I reading about any Farangs being quarantined having caught the bug in bars??

I am excluding those caught on arrival.

Well??

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Treetown in Soi Buakow was the primary source of infection in Pattaya and most falangs probably avoid being tested as they fear being forced to quarantine in a facility.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
In most cases, Omicron is no worse than a cold. Of course, it MIGHT kill me, but the odds of that are very low and probably barely any worse than the odds of flu killing me (after vaccines).
You're not going to get me to agree with you on that one. You can play down the seriousness of it, but as I said, I take it very seriously. Maybe it really is no worse than a cold, but I don't want a cold either. Maybe it feels no worse than a cold, but that doesn't mean it isn't worse than a cold. I've read that it also can damage internal organs. I am not aware of the common cold doing that. No thanks. If you are unfortunate enough to catch Omicron, once you are well again, then tell me all about how it's not such a bad thing.

However, I do agree that closing bars and even trying to enforce drinking hours and crowds is absurd considering how many other places also get crowded. And I still have seen no correlation of alcohol to Covid or Omicron. The bar owners are right - no alcohol sold after 9:00pm is ridiculous. The virus can strike at any hour. If they are saying drinking beyond 9:00pm increases the odds of getting sick, I'd like to see evidence of that. So far I have seen none.

If you have truly found what you hoped for during your current holiday, I'm happy for you.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 pm
Treetown in Soi Buakow was the primary source of infection in Pattaya and most falangs probably avoid being tested as they fear being forced to quarantine in a facility.
Do you have evidence that Treetown was the primary source of infections ? If so, please share.

Perhaps the primary source of DETECTION, due to a free test centre where perhaps some workers have to test and a few farang were dumb enough to test?