New 90-day address report online launched

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

New 90-day address report online launched

Post by Gaybutton »

Immigration has launched a new online 90-day address report system, which may explain in part why the original system has been down so long.

This was launched just yesterday, December 2. Today is December 3 and, no surprise to me, it is already flawed. To use it you have to register online. I filled out the form and tried to register. You know what I got?

"Failed to save data" - meaning the registration did not go through. Of course I tried several times. Same thing. I tried different browsers in case that was the problem. Nope - same error.

Hopefully they'll have this fixed soon (like maybe within the next couple years . . .)

Thai immigration launches new online 90 day reporting system

by Jonathan Fairfield

December 3, 2021

Thailand’s Immigration Bureau has announced the launch of a new online 90 day reporting system.

The new system, which went live on Dec 2, is available under the Online Services section of the Immigration Bureau’s website, and by selecting TM47, which is the official name of the form used for 90 day reporting.

To use the new online 90 day reporting system, foreigners must register here: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

Registration information must be submitted in English.

Once verified, a password will be sent to the registered email address (it took around 2 hours for us to receive the password - check your spam folder!)

Online 90 day reports can be used up to 15 days in advance of the date the 90 day report is due.

Immigration says confirmation of the 90 day report should be returned within 3 days of it being submitted.

Foreigners can also use the same system to login and check the status of their application.

It should also be noted that the online 90 day reporting system can not be used if a foreigner is completing their first 90 day report, nor can it be used to complete the first 90 day report after receiving a new passport.

In both instances, the foreigner needs to submit the 90 day report in person at their local immigration office. After that, they will be able to use the 90 day online system.

To coincide with the launch of the new online 90 day reporting system, the Immigration Bureau has also launched a new online appointment booking system, which allows foreigners to book an appointment at their local immigration office.

Once selected, the appointment button gives users an option to select the region of the country where their nearest immigration office is located.

At the time of writing, Bangkok Immigration (Division 1) was not listed in the online appointment system. It should also be noted the appointment system may not work if using a VPN.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1241749-thai ... ng-system/
puan

Re: New 90-day address report online launched

Post by puan »

GB...I am experiencing the same problem.

If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable. Just speaks volumes. :lol: :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:58 pm If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.
I'm sorry you experienced the same as I did, but I am also glad. That shows there are probably many out there experiencing the same problem. Hopefully whoever does their programming will become aware of the problem, if he isn't already, and will get it fixed quickly. If it is already flawed less than a day after launching, somebody on their end is probably quite embarrassed.

In my opinion it is not only laughable, but unnecessary. This new web site offers other services too. I hope they do a better job of it. But the original 90-day online address report was working perfectly. Now I believe it didn't develop problems. I think it was shut down intentionally when they came up with this new system

Meanwhile, they've had all this time to fully test it out and make sure it works properly. Obviously something is wrong.

But why did they shut down the original system? I guess they haven't considered "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Assuming the online reporting rules are the same as the original, then I have until December 17 before I would have to go to immigration to submit the report. I hope they get this fixed - fast.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I tried it again today. This time instead of a "failed to save data" error, when I click the submit button, a few circles just spin around until the whole thing just times out.

"Ohhhh, how stimulating."
- Gladys Cooper (Elva Keene), 'The Twilight Zone - Night Call'
puan

Post by puan »

Finally, this morning at 6:30 a.m. I was able to sign in and successfully get a password.

I am exhausted. :shock:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

After reading puan's post, I just tried it again too and it also worked for me. Hopefully, now they have worked out the bugs.

They send a password to your Email address. Make sure to save that password. I logged in with it and looked for a way to change the password, but couldn't find anything. They do have a "forgot password" option, but they'll simply send another password. You don't get to make up your own.

Meanwhile, I'm glad their web site is finally working properly. It will be a few days before I am within their 'less than 15 days' parameter. I'll let you know how it goes when I try to do my 90-day address report online with their new system.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I live in Jomtien and can walk to Immigration in 10 minutes. It's not worth the frustration doing it online.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:22 pm It's not worth the frustration doing it online.
To each his own. For me, since I live on "The Dark Side", it's a little different. It is a pain to have to go to immigration and hope there won't be a problem parking and that there won't be a long wait once I get there. I would much rather be able to get the whole thing taken care of online in a couple of minutes, right from the comfort of my own home. I only go to immigration when the online system won't work - which has been the last couple of times.

Of course it would be even better if they would just do away with the reports entirely and only have to report if your address changes. A few months ago they were talking about doing just that, but so far nothing has come of it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning I submitted my 90-day address report online and it did go through without any problem. I have not yet received the approval because today is a holiday in Thailand and the immigration offices are closed.

I did get an Email confirming "We have received your information successfully, you can find your information below." Part of that information is a PDF file that looks almost exactly like the approval that goes into your passport.

That is NOT the approval. That is simply information. You have to go back to the web site to get the approval. I submitted mine a few days before that 15 day window opens, but I'm hoping they will approve it anyway and I hope that approval will come through at some point tomorrow, Tuesday.

I'll let you know.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

So far when I go back to the web site to check to see if I have been approved, it just says "pending". I am within the 15 days now. At the time of this post, it is Friday, December 10. If I don't get the approval on Monday, I will try re-submitting on Tuesday and see what happens.