Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Post by Undaunted »

Bangkokian wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:35 am
Undaunted wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 pm Step.2. Enter 12 digit number from paper you were given after you second vaccination
I got no 12 digit number -- only 9 characters with the first one being letter H
On the second line it shows your date of birth then it assigned you an ID# the ID# should be 12 numbers note this paper is only given after your second dose.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am I guess it must be too much trouble to just give people whatever they need at the time of their second dose.
I know. This whole thing is just too absurd, even for Thailand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am I know. This whole thing is just too absurd, even for Thailand.
What bothers me is when this gets even more absurd - and unless something changes, that happens November 1 if they really do go through with this nonsense about having to prove you've been fully vaccinated in order to enter and eat in a restaurant. I see a few potential problems with it.

What is going to constitute proof? Who in the restaurant is responsible for checking? I can hardly wait if it is some kid from Isaan they hired to be a waiter - who could be subject to arrest if he gets it wrong.

What happens when tourists start coming to Thailand? Will they have to put up with this for every meal and produce something as proof? In what language(s)? Will it really be the hired help's responsibility to check? At least those of us who are expats living here can eat at home by either doing our own cooking or ordering meals delivered. The average tourist won't be able to do that. And how would you like to be a tourist who has trouble convincing the restaurant staff that what he is showing really is proof - every single time he goes somewhere to eat? That will work out great if it happens to a tourist who easily becomes impatient and loses his temper.

I'm also waiting for some big guy who won't put up with this to just brush aside whoever is supposed to check and occupy a table. What is the restaurant supposed to do then? Call the police? Have the restaurant evacuated? Force any of the customers into quarantine? Mandatory additional testing (at the customer's expense of course)?

How will it be enforced? Are the police going to be out there checking as many restaurants as they can every day? "Did you check that couple at the table over there? What did they show you? How do you know that is proof if you can't read or understand their language?"

In my opinion whoever came up with this idea in the first place should get the starring role in a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber". Title for that movie ought to be "Dumbest". Or perhaps a trophy would do. In my university days, a million years ago, my fraternity awarded a coveted annual prize Trophy - the "Freddy Fuckup of the Year" award. Believe me, the guys who won it were fully deserving of it . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Frankly, I don’t see the big deal!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 pm Step,1. Download Mor Prom app
Step.2. Enter 12 digit number from paper you were given after you second vaccination
Step.3. You are asked to enter a password of your making set of 7 numbers preferably

Voila you see your name and options in English and Thai……click on vaccination certificate.
Much easier than finding a fish market :lol:
Since I had my first dose at Bang Sue Grand Station and my second at Pattaya's Sports Center, I was concerned whether MorProm app would show both doses (the only documentation I rec'd was from first dose, but it did include my 13 digit number beginning with "6").

I downloaded the app. The registration was easy and in English - I entered the 13 digit number beginning with "6" in the place to enter ID number. As mentioned, you will need to enter a password and confirm it. It then asked for my telephone number which I entered and clicked submit. It then requested a code number from the text message sent to my phone. I entered the number and clicked on submit.

The main page that came up had several icons displayed. As mentioned by Undaunted's post, I clicked on the Vaccination Certificate icon which brought up my record and it did show that I had both doses of Astra Zeneca vaccine.

This website (in Thai) shows a blank copy of the "THAILAND CERTIFICATE OF COVID-19 VACCINATION" - https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/942399
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

On the same page that displays “certificate of Covid vaccination” is also an option for “digital health pass” which is your personal bar code that if asked can be scanned .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:54 pm an option for “digital health pass” which is your personal bar code that if asked can be scanned .
That's fine within Thailand. What about going to other countries? I doubt the Thai app will be enough to satisfy other countries.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:07 pm
Undaunted wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:54 pm an option for “digital health pass” which is your personal bar code that if asked can be scanned .
That's fine within Thailand. What about going to other countries? I doubt the Thai app will be enough to satisfy other countries.

I have no idea what each and every country requires, should I decide to go somewhere I will inquire.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Twelve days ago, a friend of mine got his second vaccination at Bang Sue in Bangkok. He was not given any paperwork with his 12 digit number, and was told it would be sent to him in 2-3 days. He accepted this and is still waiting for any documentation. Another friend did the same and was also fobbed off with his number would be sent to him. However he insisted on getting it there and then, and with much ill grace, received a printout.
Des anyone know how the first friend can get his missing number without having to travel all the way back to Bangkok as he is talking about doing in the coming week?
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

If anyone is going to Naklua for their yellow passport, be warned. You now have to make an appointment - by going there and doing it, then having to come back at a later date (so efficient). I understand from someone who visited yesterday, the coming week is fully booked as apparently they are only doing 50 a day. Avoid the 90 minute lunch hour and remember the pace of work at that office is slow, very slow and in reverse. And the entry in your passport is handwritten. Take a copy of War and Peace with you?