Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Post by Gaybutton »

This may be the answer we've been looking for, at least in part. Unfortunately a glitch has developed on the board with posting photos. I have already asked Moses to help me with this. However, you can see a photo of the Vaccine Passport by clicking the link a the end of the article.

I am also reading that proof of vaccination is very likely to be required by immigration for all visas at some point in 2022, possibly as early as January. At the moment that is in the rumor stage, but I fully expect sooner or later it will be a requirement. I have been saying so for months. Of course, if it does become a requirement, anyone besides me also expect the rules to be rife with confusion - as usual?

When you get your second jab, whether in Thailand or other countries, save whatever they give you for proof - just in case. And if you do travel to Thailand, bring it with you - not a photocopy - bring the real thing. Until we know differently, to me the smart thing is to assume you'll need it.

Pattaya expats: what next after the second anti-Covid jab?

By Barry Kenyon

October 7, 2021

Many of Pattaya’s foreign community have now been jabbed once or twice, or are waiting in the wings for appointment day. They are mostly elderly expats on retirement or marriage/family extensions of stay, with a smattering of work permit holders, foreign students, Elite card holders and the lucky permanent residents with their red police book.

After the second jab, they are given a certificate from the hospital or vaccination center with their personal details and a description of the vaccines used plus the dates administered. For the moment, that document may be sufficient, but both Thais and foreigners are being urged to register on the Mor Prom (Doctor is Ready) app. To do this, the certificate must contain a special 13 digit ID number, or the farang user will likely be unable able to register on the app. Some expats with a yellow residence card or a work permit or a QR code say that those alternative registration numbers will work, but others say those routes simply don’t succeed. The failsafe system is the post-jabs certificate. Welcome to Thailand.

The Mor Prom app may be important ahead as government regulations on entering public places become tighter. Already in Bangkok, some cinemas and malls are insisting on proof of vaccination prior to entry. Potential Sandbox areas, such as Pattaya, are likely to see more and more public-access facilities requiring evidence of vaccination. It may turn out to be more convenient to use the app rather than carrying around pieces of paper which, if they are photocopies, may not be accepted by gatekeepers.

For those thinking of travelling abroad, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) is issuing Covid-19 certificates of vaccination known informally as vaccine “passports.” The local office is located in the Ministry of Health building adjoining the fresh market area in overcrowded Naklua town center. This “passport” can be used as vaccination proof to exit and enter Thailand, but won’t necessarily be accepted by the country of destination. Each country has its own rules and regulations about recognizing jabs performed in Thailand, or anywhere else come to that. The DDC requires your passport and the original certificate received after the second jab. The cost is 50 baht.

A DDC spokesperson said that the “passport” must be presented again if a third or later jab is received to ensure it’s up to date. If the recipient’s passport number changes on renewal or loss, a new “passport” needs to be obtained. The Naklua office is open daily 8.30-11.30 and 13.00-15.30 (not weekends or public holidays) with a limit of 50 applications daily. That doesn’t seem to be a problem in these early days.

As regards Pattaya’s community of anti-vaxxers, vociferous on social media, the future is murky at best. Unless there is a substantiated medical reason for non-vaccination, the jabs could be required evidence for visa applications, renewals and extensions of stay within the next 12 months. In a call to the immigration hotline 1178, there was no confirmation, but it was revealed that the matter was “under consideration.” The Tourist Authority of Thailand is on record as agreeing with the concept of vaccination-for-all as the best way to market the country to foreign tourists in the years ahead. It’s called SFT (Safety First Tourism). Yet another acronym to keep tabs on.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... jab-374808
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

According to Barry Kenyon's article, a "passport certificate" can be obtained at the Ministry of Health building adjoining the fresh market in Naklua. Does anyone have an actual address and/or directions to this building from Pattaya? I can't find anything on-line.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 am According to Barry Kenyon's article, a "passport certificate" can be obtained at the Ministry of Health building adjoining the fresh market in Naklua.
I don't even know where the fresh market is, unless he means the market on the soi leading to the post office. Barry should have included the address and/or GPS coordinates of the building rather than just assuming everybody knows where he is talking about.

What about your boyfriend? Can't he get the location information? If he, or anybody else, gets the information, please post.

If we don't get a response by then, I get my second dose on October 22. I'll ask when I get the dose.

By the way, I received a message from Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital about the second dose. It says the dose will be AstraZeneca. The first dose was given at the hospital. The second dose will be given on the 6th floor at Central Festival.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:47 pm I don't even know where the fresh market is, unless he means the market on the soi leading to the post office. Barry should have included the address and/or GPS coordinates of the building rather than just assuming everybody knows where he is talking about.

What about your boyfriend? Can't he get the location information? If he, or anybody else, gets the information, please post.
Thanks for the fast response.

My boyfriend's not familiar at all with Naklua - and he couldn't find a location on-line either.

If I can dig anything up I'll pass it along.
Jun

Post by Jun »

If you get on the baht buses that wait just south of Boyztown and get off at the end of the route in Nakluea, there's a sizeable fresh fish market directly ahead to your left. I imagine it's that.

However, if you head back south and take the first or second left, down the street with a vegetarian restaurant visible, there is another market slightly further on. Probably not this one.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:25 pm there's a sizeable fresh fish market directly ahead to your left. I imagine it's that.
No, definitely not that. That is the Lan Po seafood market. No office buildings are anywhere near it, although if you have never been to a seafood market, it is interesting enough to be worth seeing.

Don't worry. If going to the Ministry of Health building is what it takes to prove you've been fully vaccinated, believe me I'll find it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Step,1. Download Mor Prom app
Step.2. Enter 12 digit number from paper you were given after you second vaccination
Step.3. You are asked to enter a password of your making set of 7 numbers preferably

Voila you see your name and options in English and Thai……click on vaccination certificate.
Much easier than finding a fish market :lol:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:53 pm No, definitely not that. That is the Lan Po seafood market. No office buildings are anywhere near it
No office buildings at all, if we exclude the "The Office of Disease Prevention" building between the baht bus stop and the market.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 pm Step.2. Enter 12 digit number from paper you were given after you second vaccination
I got no 12 digit number -- only 9 characters with the first one being letter H
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 pm No office buildings at all, if we exclude the "The Office of Disease Prevention" building between the baht bus stop and the market.
Barry says the office is adjacent to the market. As I said, if it becomes necessary, wherever it is I'll find it.

Meanwhile, as usual confusion reigns. On the Mor Prom app, I can't find any English at all. But when English does appear on Thai apps, make sure never to use a native English speaker to make sure everything is correct, clear, and understandable. I'll try deleting it along with all its stored data, then download and re-install it. Maybe it has been updated since I first downloaded it, so I'll try it. If it works, the next question is whether that will be acceptable proof if traveling to another country.

I guess it must be too much trouble to just give people whatever they need at the time of their second dose. Instead let's make it complicated, confusing, and hard to understand. Make sure it is difficult to know what to do and where to do it. Make sure it is nowhere near where you get you second dose. That's much more fun. Without Barry mentioning this Ministry of Health building in the first place, would anyone have had any idea about it? I wouldn't have. And naturally it has to be a building in some obscure location. And I still don't know if it is even necessary to go there at all.

Oh well, I always enjoyed the challenge of a scavenger hunt with hardly any clues. Thanks powers-that-be for making sure I get another chance to play the game . . .