The latest Covid restrictions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: The latest Covid restrictions

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am
Close all barbers
That's one I will miss if it goes on for very long.
There's always the Yul Brynner style . . .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Despite the restrictions, has anyone seen any police, let alone get stopped and checked? I haven't even seen any police at all - anywhere I've been.
Jun

Post by Jun »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am
Close all barbers
That's one I will miss if it goes on for very long.
Doing without hair cuts is not difficult. In 2020, I had 5 cuts and think I managed almost 5 months without one.
1 Myanmar in January (cute barber)
2 Jomtien in February. Cut far shorter than I wanted, but that turned out to be a good thing.
3 July UK
4 September UK
5 December Bangkok. First day out of quarantine. Can't be looking too scruffy when meeting the lads.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:03 pm Doing without hair cuts is not difficult.
I doubt anyone in Pattaya really will have to. I won't be surprised if some barber shops on local side streets do open - clandestinely. And don't forget, maybe the barber shops are ordered closed, but that doesn't mean barbers can't cut your hair privately at your place. I've seen no orders prohibiting it.

I also have no doubt that simply calling a local barber (hopefully some have their telephone numbers on their signs or doors) would easily result in him coming to you and giving you a haircut at your own place.

Many local barbers reside at their shops. You might try just knocking on their door and see if you can make some sort of arrangement.

Also, searching through the hookup apps it is not difficult to find boys who work in barber shops. Their profile photos often make that obvious. My guess is it wouldn't be very difficult to arrange one of them to come to your place, if he has access to the necessary equipment.

Obviously not ideal (or maybe it is, at that), but if you want a haircut and you are reasonably clever I don't think it will be all that difficult to find a way to get one.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm I won't be surprised if some barber shops on local side streets do open - clandestinely.
Good point. Just like massage shops and many other types of businesses 6 months ago....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Just as I suspected - today, Saturday July 24, I passed by 2 barber shops, both of which are very near my house. One of them is the barber shop where I usually get my hair cut.

Both were open. They even had the outside barber poles turned on. The order closing barber shops has not been rescinded. Apparently those barbers are not concerned about the order and are not concerned about penalties. Unless they are the only 2 barber shops to open in all of Pattaya, I doubt anyone will have a problem finding a place to get a haircut.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Do it yourself. Takes a few goes to get it right so don’t take too much off first time! After that easy.
I RESENT paying £16 (720 baht) in the UK for a 15 minute haircut. Agreed there are OAP rates but they are mid week, certain times, and you have to request it and they go to any length to avoid it. It is never offered.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have seen several businesses that are supposed to be closed, but they are open. I think it is more from desperation than defiance. These people cannot live with no money at all along with mounting bills.

As far as I know, the only arrests have been places serving alcohol and people caught having parties - usually with alcohol and sometimes drugs. But so far it seems other businesses are being left alone, even the ones open despite specific restrictions.

Concerning inter-provincial travel, here's the latest:

Need to leave Pattaya? Good reason, documents needed

By Pattaya Mail

July 24, 2021

Pattaya residents can still leave the province, but need to have a good reason and documents proving it.

Surapong Tanomwong, head of the Pattaya complaint center, said July 23 that inter-provincial travel is not illegal, but highly discouraged under current Emergency Decree orders.

There are only three valid reasons for leaving Chonburi during the current coronavirus crisis: to deliver food, medicine or other necessities; for medical appointments, and for Covid-19 vaccination appointments.

Other reasons, such as visiting embassies or leaving the country from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, also are allowed, but should be backed up by appointment slips or plane tickets, he said.

In order to travel between provinces, Pattaya residents should fill out a request form online at https://Covid-19.in.th. For those without smartphones or internet access, applications can be completed at Pattaya City Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays.

The online form will generate a QR code that can be saved and scanned at highway checkpoints. Those who fail to obtain a QR code or an approved and stamped application may have to complete a form at a checkpoint, causing travel delays.

Anyone thinking of leaving Chonburi for another province not under lockdown or without a valid reason could face arrest under the Emergency Decree.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/need-t ... ded-364812

If you do need to leave the province, scan the QR code below to apply for the necessary permission:

catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Good info. It will come in handy as I have AstroZenica vaccine appointment at MedPark in Bangkok next week. This one is for
60+ . I’m living in Pattaya now
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »