Just what I want to remember . . .

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Just what I want to remember . . .

Post by Gaybutton »

Are you kidding me . . . ?
The mayor said he wanted to give people a chance to snap photos of a clean Walking Street filled with wires and power poles as a memory before the PEA removes them.
Now I do get nostalgic about certain things, but I think I can live without photos of overhead wires and power poles, thank you very much. I certainly hope you can. If not, better hurry on down to Pattaya's Walking Street to get those photos before it's too late . . .

Set to be ripped up, Pattaya Walking Street gets scrubbed

By Pattaya Mail

January 30, 2021

Pattaya officials and civil servants on Thursday scrubbed Walking Street, even though parts of the roadway will be ripped up starting Monday.

Mayor Sonthaya Kunplome, his wife Sukumol and local government and business employees grabbed brooms and washed down the South Pattaya nightlife strip, calling it a measure to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Dust and dirt will quickly return to Walking Street Monday when the Provincial Electricity Authority starts digging up the roadway to bury overhead power and communications lines.

The mayor said he wanted to give people a chance to snap photos of a clean Walking Street filled with wires and power poles as a memory before the PEA removes them.

Sonthaya said he hopes domestic tourists will return to Walking Street and the city soon as the government has lowered the coronavirus alert level in the province from deep red to orange.

Story and photos: https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... bed-341779
gerefan

Re: Just what I want to remember . . .

Post by gerefan »

Pattaya Mail wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:28 am even though parts of the roadway will be ripped up starting Monday.
Which is EXACTLY the same day Covid restrictions are lifted and Walking Street is reopened for business.

You couldn’t make it up!
Gaybutton

Re: Just what I want to remember . . .

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:04 pm Which is EXACTLY the same day Covid restrictions are lifted and Walking Street is reopened for business.
"Of course, dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady'