Some reopenings in Pattaya,,

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Some reopenings in Pattaya,,

Post by catawampuscat »

Central shopping center has reopened after a thorough multi day cleaning. Big C also reopened on Center road. While passing on
a motorbike, it looks like Royal Garden shopping mall has reopened.
2lz2p

Re: Some reopenings in Pattaya,,

Post by 2lz2p »

I did read that malls in Pattaya are now permitted to open, but some shops may not open if they are the type that must remain closed. But, to enter you will have temperature checked, and use Mor Chana app, or sign in. If as in the past, you will also do it to enter individual shops.

Also, masks must be worn and practice social distancing. Also, if I recall correctly, they must close at 9pm (but could be wrong on that).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 am if I recall correctly, they must close at 9pm (but could be wrong on that).
To the best of my knowledge, you recall correctly.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Central has been open for several days. The only category of business I use that's not open is bars and even there, I've seen some discrete exceptions.

There are far worse places to be at present.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Walk down 2nd Road or Walking Street in Pattaya and basically there is nothing open.
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:45 pm Walk down 2nd Road or Walking Street in Pattaya and basically there is nothing open.
Most businesses on 2nd road may well be closed.
Now that might be terrible for the business owners, but I have no difficulty at all finding enough open businesses in every category to holiday as normal. Except bars.
The best coffee shops in town are open.
My favourite restaurants are open.
There are about 6-8 male massage places open.
The good shops and supermarkets are open, including almost all stores in the Central Mall.
The beach concessions operate as normal.

Now if most of the shops selling lady massage, handbags, shoes and all sorts of other tat are closed, I can't say it spoils my day.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:10 pm enough open businesses in every category to holiday as normal. Except bars.
Other than using the apps, is there anything open for gays? Perhaps massages?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:09 pm Other than using the apps, is there anything open for gays? Perhaps massages?
I'm not quite sure how many times I have to say there are 6 or 7 male massage places OPEN and I stated that in the post you quoted from. I've been and sampled the service too.

Obviously am wasting my time, if the expats have decided everything is closed, so will neither venture out to check themselves nor read my posts.

The gay section on the beach is open
The bars are closed, but I have seen farang having a drink at one closed bar.
The sauna looks closed, but since they price local boys out of the place, I go there only about once per trip anyway.
Everything else gays need is open. Coffee shops, restaurants, shopping centres, barbers. Obviously nowhere near 100% of them, but the best are operating.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:27 pm I'm not quite sure how many times I have to say there are 6 or 7 male massage places OPEN
I am quite sure - as many times as it takes until you tell us which ones they are - because the Chonburi governor closed the massage shops and I haven't seen anything that says it is now ok for them to open. So, if they are open, how do they manage to be open legally, if indeed they are open legally?

And no, I am not going to venture out to check. You keep saying they are open. I don't doubt what you say, but if they are open illegally, I don't want to be anywhere near them. And considering the Covid regulations, that's another reason I won't go anywhere near them, open legally or not.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Ref Massage shops, I'm certain about the open part, but make no claims about the legality. TIT.
Which is why I'm not naming them, but everyone here knows where to find the massage shops.

Since I entered the first massage shop via the front door and quietly left through the back entrance, perphaps that's a clue about legality.
Although I did notice an 8th massage shop blatantly open this evening, with police just a few yards away at a restaurant.
So the police must be satisfied, by whatever ways and means.