Boyz Boyz Boyz closed, followed by others

Anything and everything about Thailand
ceejay

Re: Boyz Boyz Boyz closed, followed by others

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:30 pm To me, it doesn't make any sense for bars to remain open unless they are making money, at least enough to break even. Hopefully they are. However, no matter which bars are still open, or how often they'll open, the real question is how much longer can they sustain opening at all.
Possibly - I obviously have not seen the books of the bars in question - because the losses are lower with the bar open than they are with it closed? That could easily be the case for a business where rent is a large part of it's cost base.Then it would make sense to stay open if you were trying to hang on until good times return and you can trade at a profit again.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

The bar is closed. Period. My walk through Boyztown Friday evening told me that. I am also in contact with one of performers in the show— ปิด (closed).
painai2

Post by painai2 »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm starting to think instead of worrying about which bars are closed, it might be better to post what has become a much shorter list - which ones are still open.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Dragon master was sitting with Danish owner of Winnerboys recently. Winnerboys losing money monthly and owner has difficult
decisions to make.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Reminds me of the Eros boy bar owner posting he would reopen Eros in Boyztown area. Why would boy bar owners fabricate?
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I walked through Boyztown yesterday, it was very dark. Only a handful of people in Panorama. 3-4 boys sitting outside Scandic massage. Cupidol was open and I had a look inside - I saw 4 gogo boys shirtless in jeans so walked away.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Lockdown!!!
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

DragonMaster wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:28 pm I don’t know anything about Weewilly other than he has posted disinformation. Perhaps the Chicken Littles should relax and do some research before spreading such news. Here’s a much more accurate account from a reliable and trusted source.

We have no plans as yet, we currently open every day until the 3 Jan, then revert back to three days a week. Castro will be the same Panarama closes on mondays. This will be reviewed in the new year
Boyz Boyz will reopen once the borders are open again
I found this comical as within days of the post, all boy bars mentioned were closed.
It wasn’t disinformation and no chicken littles.
Dragonmaster's ‘much more accurate account from a reliable and trusted source’ proved fallacious.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

catawampuscat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:51 am It wasn’t disinformation and no chicken littles.
In other words, people are posting what they hear, whether checked out and verified as accurate or not. Unfortunately, as it stands now, nobody is an expert on the bar situation and nobody is "the wise old man" no matter how much they think they know better than others. It is difficult, if not impossible, to know who to believe. The only verified information I know about is the bars are closed and nobody knows when they can reopen.

I go by what I see the Thai and local government imposes. Nothing else. If and when they relax some of these restrictions so that the bars can reopen, that's when we'll see which bars survived and will reopen. Until then, the "I'm an expert" and rumor mills are, in my opinion, completely meaningless.