What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Gaybutton

Re: What becomes of Trump once he leaves office?

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:58 pm And this is the person that 70 million Americans think would be a good President?????????????????
Welcome to the top item on my "I Don't Get It" list.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Recent articles suggest that Dickhead has plans to start a digital streaming media company to compete directly with the Murdoch clan at FOX. Maybe this explains why he's recently started slamming Fox at every opportunity.

It's clear that he sees his base (70 million strong) as his treasure chest, and plans to continue capitalizing on this. Political analysts are fond of saying that he will remain the driving force behind the Republican Party long after he's left office - which would explain why so many in the Party continue to tremble at his feet, even now after he's lost the election.

I imagine his first few years of broadcasting will be spent on countering other news media outlets on stories involving his personal court battles. This would allow him to stay in front of a camera, as well as a platform for continuing to say "Fake News". One would assume that an avalanche of dirty laundry on Dickhead will be hitting the Press after he leaves office, e.g. allegations and possible convictions involving a host of money laundering schemes, tax fraud, falsifying business records, sexual misconduct, acts of treason, etc., etc., etc., making it hard to imagine how this would help the Republican Party, unless in fact he plans to launch a new "Fascist Party".

I think the final date for the electoral college to report its results to Congress is on December 8th That being the case, concession or no concession from Dickhead, it will all be over but the crying, or better yet, "Blaming.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am Recent articles suggest that Dickhead has plans to start a digital streaming media company to compete directly with the Murdoch clan at FOX. Maybe this explains why he's recently started slamming Fox at every opportunity.
Is there anyone Trump doesn't end up betraying? Now even Fox news, the one major media outlet that blindly supported him all this time.

"Jettison cocoon."
Adolfo Celi (Largo), 'Thunderball'

I hope the Republicans have fortitude enough to tell Trump to just fuck off, but I know they don't have the guts. After all, despite their oath of office, getting re-elected is Priority 1 and to hell with anything and everything else.

I only hope Trump ends up in jail - where he can't run a media company or anything else.

Biden and Harris in 2024!
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:57 am I only hope Trump ends up in jail......
It would be like "old home week" with Cohen; Manafort; Papadopoulos, Stone, Alex van der Zwaan, Rick Gates, and let's not forget Bannon and Lewandowski who faced election fraud charges and could end up in prison. I'd like to see Michael Cohen and Donald Trump sharing the same cell... :lol:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:45 am I'd like to see Michael Cohen and Donald Trump sharing the same cell... :lol:
Not me. Let him rot in solitary - in a Supermax - or better still, Devil's Island . . .

If Trump really does get convicted and end up in jail, I wonder how long the sentence(s) would be.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The link below describes a bit more about the Fox & Trump relationship...and possible clues as to Dickheads future endeavors.

That's all the country needs - "two foxes competing for the same flock of sheep".

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/12/medi ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

One of the questions now is whether Trump can pardon himself. The consensus of opinion I am seeing on the news is that he cannot. They brought up that Nixon considered trying it, but he realized that it likely would not stand up in court, so he dropped the idea. A person cannot be his own judge and jury in a criminal case. They are saying if Trump tries it, it will end up in court if he is charged with any federal crimes. Before such crimes could be prosecuted in such a case, since there is no precedent his self pardon would first have to be litigated in court - and he would likely lose.

Josef Goebbels would probably admire this propaganda. It's almost as if he was in control. Supposedly he said, "“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." There is controversy over whether he actually said that, but it seems that it is being tried now whether he said it or not.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Many say Trump is trying to overturn the election so that he can not only become president again, but can become a dictator. I don't think he is trying to become a dictator. I think what he is really trying to do is become a tyrant.

Fortunately, he will fail and, I hope, end up in jail.

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

What Trump Faces on January 20-2021.

An insightful and enjoyable read below:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/1 ... /24704026/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 pm An insightful and enjoyable read
Something else I enjoyed. I saw this while watching MSNBC. A reporter said Joe Biden was asked, "Will you pull a Gerald Ford and pardon Trump?"

Biden's answer was NO.

I hope he means it. A law professor also said he thinks what is most likely to happen to Trump, rather than prison time it will be financial punishment. Rather than going to trial he will more likely opt for plea deals that would cost him a fortune. I would love it for crimes that could involve prison time, the prosecutors refuse to make plea deals or the judge will refuse to accept a deal.

Let's not forget - Kamala Harris was a prosecutor. I doubt very much that she would ever be in favor of a pardon. And the legal heads, including what is stated in the article Dodger posted, if Trump tries to pardon himself, that is unlikely to stand up in court. A person cannot be his own judge and jury, even if he is the president. Supposedly the USA is an equal justice under the law country. I hope in Trump's case(s) that holds true and the fact that he was president does not mean he is above the law. At noon on January 20, Trump becomes an average citizen just like everybody else and no longer will have the immunity he was granted by Bill Barr. And the good news is none of the statutes of limitations will have expired as several would have by the time he would have left office if re-elected.

Nobody made him commit crimes, but once he did, now he is fair game. If I had my way, the first criminal charge leveled on him would be treason. And he would be led out of the White House in handcuffs the moment Biden is sworn in. Let him convince a judges and juries that the charges against him are all a hoax.

If Trump does have to face criminal charges and/or lawsuits, why do I think his defense attorney won't be Rudy Giuliani?

We'll see.