Here's a way you might be able to go to Thailand - but would you want to do this?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Here's a way you might be able to go to Thailand - but would you want to do this?

Post by Jun »

Also absurd, is why 3 million baht in a Thai bank or bonds ?
Since one liquid asset is as good as any other, why not 3 million across a mix of asset classes, such as cash, bank, bonds, gold, stocks etc ?

Finally, how does moving the goalposts on the financial rules do anything at all to influence the transmission of Covid ? Just because someone has increased their assets from 800,000 to 3 million baht, it's not going to reduce their chances of getting the plague.
Gaybutton

Re: Here's a way you might be able to go to Thailand - but would you want to do this?

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:42 am Do you guys, who live there permanently, wonder whether any of this shit will soon come your way?
Speaking only for myself, no. I'm not worried about it at all. So far they haven't done anything to us "O" visa holders who have been in Thailand all this time. They're making it very difficult for foreigners who might bring in the virus, but that problem doesn't exist for those of us who have been in Thailand the whole time. Thailand does not consider us to be a virus threat.

There has been no indication of any kinds of plans to change anything for "O" visa holders and I see no reason to think that will change.
pong

Post by pong »

Today widely on the news here-locally in EURope. TH is today letting in 1st group of Chinese tourists, 400 total, but they also had to go into quarantine for 10/14 days and all their luggage disinfected ASAP after unloading.

NO chance at all for people from heavily infected countries-like today about all here in EUR, nor for TG=Thai Airways to even fly before 1/1/21.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pong wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:41 pm TH is today letting in 1st group of Chinese tourists, 400 total
I don't know where they're getting 400 from, but the actual number that arrived today was 39.