AOC

gera

AOC

Post by gera »

I ,of course fully realize that many of you who retired in Thailand hold progressive views and i have absolutely no problem with that. Still , in my opinion, some of you have no idea what kind of forces are at play in America right now. Take , for example AOC. One of her most visible "accomplishments" was pushing out Amazon headquarters from New York and tens of thousands of excellent high paid jobs with it. When comrade De Blazio announced that he is slashing one billion Dollars from police budget she called it gimmick and demanded much more. Since riots started in New York 500000 people already left. The city is deteriorating to corrupted shithole , where the only good jobs are available from the city and distributed among the cronies of local politicians. What such a Marxist , demagogical bitch want? In my opinion, her ideal is the city where everybody lives on hand outs and she is in charge of distributing free goodies. Like in ... Venezuela.
Up2u

Re: AOC

Post by Up2u »

gera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm I ,of course fully realize that many of you who retired in Thailand hold progressive views and i have absolutely no problem with that.
On the contrary, the majority of,retired expats I have met are not as you describe. A lot are Trumpsters and I simply try to avoid them. As an American, with friends and family stateside I am well aware of the forces at play in my country. The greatest threat to American institutions and democracy is not AOC or De blazio but, Putin's lapdog that occupies the White House. It is systemic racism and white nationalism that are America's Achilles heel not the progressive movement. Oh and btw,

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/alexa ... ez-amazon/
gera

Post by gera »

It is true that AOC was not the only opponent of Amazon headquaters but definitely the most prominent one. I would not want to shift this discussion towards Trump. I am not a Trump supporter. Last election I voted for Hillary Clinton. This election I do not vote. Not that I dislike Biden but I simply do not believe he is in position to control anything. People like AOC will take over and they have a substantial support among Democratic base. I cannot align myself with people like AOC.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 am This election I do not vote.
I hope you change your mind and vote for Biden. Even if you don't like him, in my opinion the most important thing about this election is voting Trump out - and with so many votes that he cannot succeed in disputing the election results. I can't imagine that you would be in favor of four more years of Trump.