Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:52 pm Biden's obvious mental problems
Maybe obvious to you, but no mental problems of any kind are obvious to me. I'd like you to explain what you mean. And what do you have against AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)? I think she's great. If she were running for president, she'd have my vote. I would also have no objection whatsoever if a president nominates her for the Supreme Court.

In any case, if the USA has to have a president with mental problems, I'll take Biden's over Trump's any time.

At least we agree on one thing - at least I think we do - and that is Trump has to go.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

gera wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:52 pm In reality it is leftist groups which terrorize and vandalize American cities. I have not heard recently that right groups attacked federal buildings and police precincts (though, of course in the past it did happen) or set on fire or looted shops. Not that it diminishes the chances of the scenario you outlined. And that can be one big reason (along with Biden's obvious mental problems and lack of enthusiasm regarding him from AOC and her ilk ) why Trump may win without resorting to illegal actions.
And which "leftist groups" are you referring to? I have seen no reports of any "groups" acting on behalf of the left. True, there have been fires and looting, but I don't see any evidence of organized terrorist actions, and many reports suggest much of the mayhem is due to right wing agitators attempting to discredit protesters. We do, of course, have violent actions from the right (look at the militia in Portland, the use of military arms against peaceful demonstrators in Lafayette Park, and several incidents of right wingers which resulted in death) The KuKluxKlan, the Boogaloo Boys, QAnon, and other recognized groups on the right should be enough to scare anyone who cares about democracy.

I'm also curious what obvious mental problems you see in Biden. Is it that he suffers (largely overcome) from stuttering? I assume you have no desire to compare Biden's mental stability to that of Trump.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The debate begins at 27 minutes, 20 seconds

As of September 30, 2020 at 11:20am
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Trump has Corona.

The best news I've heard all week.

Perfect timing...and the most pronounced definition of "Poetic Justice".

Final nail in the coffin? Let's hope so.

Too bad this didn't happen any sooner...so many lives could have been saved.

Go Biden!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I don't remember (if I ever knew) what happens now in terms of leader of the US. If Trump is incapacitated, I believe Pence takes over presidential responsibilities. But, if both Trump and Pence are unable to carry our the duties of President, who's next in line and who determines they (Potus and the VP) have diminished capacity?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

RichLB wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 pm I don't remember (if I ever knew) what happens now in terms of leader of the US. If Trump is incapacitated, I believe Pence takes over presidential responsibilities. But, if both Trump and Pence are unable to carry our the duties of President, who's next in line and who determines they (Potus and the VP) have diminished capacity?
Good question:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Speaker of the House would then be in charge, but may be wrong.

An obvious concern is that Trump came into contact with so many people there could be a huge fallout in the government where National Security could become a concern.

Hard to imagine that less than 2 days ago Trump was standing on a stage mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask.