airline fiasco

bluemoon

airline fiasco

Post by bluemoon »

Let me preface with some background ...I have been coming to Thailand for more than 20 years .
Twice a year for the last 13 years with Eva Air . ground crew and aircraft staff excellent … booking however Naaaaaaa ,
during all this time I amassed 100,000 + points ...never asked or was offered any kind of upgrade .
I had a return ticket for 31st March which I upgraded to business … no problem , a few days before departure flight cancelled
Taipei airport closed to all NON RESIDENTS ..( I wish my home country had did the same ) .
Airline said they would rebook as soon as circumstances changed -----4 bookings and cancellations later I am booked for the 14th
August
let me go back in time a little ...on the second booking I asked about my upgrade to business ( unfortunately English was not the first
language of the young lady I was talking to ...hence .. confusion occurred ,, telling me can't use points but can pay 4000baht to upgrade ,
Okay okay lets get over this book the flight .
As I mentioned before ---the airline was going to notify me about bookings , after the fourth cancellation they said probably
not until August (lucky I am not in a hotel ).
A couple of days into August I called about a flight , the snarly young lady on the other end ..would you like to book a flight ?
I answered that I was waiting for a call from the airline telling me that they had booked a flight ...dead silence ,,,might as
well talk to a chair !
Gave her my booking number ----wait for it …. that will be another 2300 baht as from August to mid September is " PEAK
travelling time" .
Am I right in thinking I got screwed out of 4000 +2300 baht and still had to use points to upgrade ?
during the extra months here I developed mobility problems having to use a walking stick ..main reason for upgrade .

your comments gentlemen .
firecat69

Re: airline fiasco

Post by firecat69 »

Absolutely you got screwed!
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

before covid-19, whenever I had attempted to change a flight date the small print has always been extra charges may apply for difference in price for the original and changed date, and the rules for using points for upgrades and handling of flight cancellations was never that passenger friendly

post covid-19 some airlines are bending even further over backwards than legally required to make things easier for passengers with cancellations, upgrades, flight changes, etc, others not so much, so "screwed"? or airline's assistance could have been better?
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I hope for your sake it's similar to Thai banks in that if you don't get the answer you want in one branch, just go to another branch, and another. You're likely to get different answers in every one of them. You might be able to get the money problem solved simply by talking to different agents.

I don't understand why you are even trying to book a flight to Thailand under the present circumstances. Even if you somehow manage to qualify to be admitted to Thailand, and I'm sure you must be well aware of how close to impossible that is at the moment, you're still going to have to undergo the 14 day quarantine - at your own expense.

Why are you not waiting until at least Thailand relaxes the border and admission restrictions?
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Gaybutton ,, a little mix up on your part ,,maybe my fault ..
I was confirming a pre-booked flight FROM Thailand after my 6 months stay .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bluemoon wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:23 am Gaybutton ,, a little mix up on your part ,,maybe my fault ..
I was confirming a pre-booked flight FROM Thailand after my 6 months stay .
Thank you. Now I understand. I guess I missed that part. In any case, I'm sorry you had to go through that.