Pattaya Immigration offers online queue reservations via “QueQ”

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I downloaded it. It seems simple enough to use. Some immigration offices are listed, but not Pattaya. Not yet. The article says "Effective July 15" so I think that is when Pattaya immigration will appear on the list. No mention of Bangkok either.
__________________________________________________________________________________

By Pattaya Mail

July 4, 2020

Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien is launching new online appointment scheduling system to enhance service efficiency and to reduce congestion of visitors.

Effective July 15, 2020, customers can reserve a preferred time slot daily to receive service at Pattaya immigration office. To use the application, scan the QR Code or download the ‘QueQ’ application on your smartphone.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... ueq-306406
2lz2p

Re: Pattaya Immigration offers online queue reservations via “QueQ”

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:35 am I downloaded it. It seems simple enough to use. Some immigration offices are listed, but not Pattaya. Not yet. The article says "Effective July 15" so I think that is when Pattaya immigration will appear on the list. No mention of Bangkok either.
Thanks GB. I downloaded the App. It appears to be a commercial service that many companies are choosing to use - apparently to get queue numbers for their services. As you noted, it does not yet list Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration - so, as noted in the Pattaya Mail article, this service at Pattaya Immigration may be effective on the 15th. To check it out, I used it as a "guest" without registering for log in.

Their terms of service notes they can gather a lot of information -- but, getting an Immigration Queue number does not appear to offer any risk. Although it needs access to your location to use it, that feature can be turned on and off in Settings. So, I can turn it on when ready to use and then turn it off when finished.

That said, it will be interesting to see how it works when it is functioning for Pattaya Immigration.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:21 am It appears to be a commercial service that many companies are choosing to use - apparently to get queue numbers for their services.
Many of the services offered are shown entirely in Thai. Other than at peak times and hours at immigration, I can't think of anywhere I've ever been where I experienced a need for queue numbers in the first place - at least none of the places I go. I'm trying to think of which businesses are the types where a queue number would be beneficial. So far I can't think of any.

Who knows - once farang can start returning to Thailand, if only a few of the bars open maybe queue numbers will be what we'll need just to get into the bars. Oh well, dream on . . .
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Most banks have queue numbers handed out by a door clerk (mine is Kasikorn). There is a queue number machine in use at Soi 5 Post Office.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 am Most banks have queue numbers handed out by a door clerk
That is why I see no need for this app other than if immigration starts requiring its use.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

They lived up to their promise. Pattaya immigration is now on QueQ. When you open the app, click on Bank/Service. If you are within the Pattaya immigration service area, it appears first on the list. Click on its icon to make your appointment.

From there it is quite easy and self explanatory.

So far it looks good. I hope it works out that way. I will not have occasion to use it until next month. If anyone tries it before I do, please post and let us know how well it works, what happens once you submit your appointment, and what takes place at immigration when you show up for your appointment.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I haven't used it, but I rec'd the following email from someone that did:
In an effort to get ahead of the crowd I decided to try to do my 90 day reporting before the end of July and went today on the 16th. I tried the QueQ. It worked better than I anticipated in that it gave me a queue number that was current as of the time before I left my home. Anyway I proceeded to Immigration, showed them the number the app had given me and I was directed to counter 4. Everything went smoothly and I was in and out within 5 minutes.

If folks need to get anything done at immigration there are very few people there requesting service right now. It might be a good idea to go before the 31st of July.
In response to my reply to the sender regarding the number he received, he sent the following noting it was on his phone, which he showed at Info desk:
I think what the program gave was a standard queueing number. I think it was 4B008. That would correspond to a number for desk 4. The folks working the information desk seemed familiar with it.

I just showed the number on my phone at the front desk and at the reporting desk.
I don't recall if the Queue tickets you get at Immigration have the "B" in the sequence - if not, they may denote it as having been obtained online. But, if it gives you a regular number in sequence, i.e., the next number to be issued, it appears it could get passed up for other numbers they issue if you get it very long before you arrive.

Since he was doing 90 day report and they are generally sitting there twiddling their thumbs at the moment (my experience when I did my report last month at the time I picked up my passport after getting my annual extension), time of arrival probably doesn't matter even it it was a regular queue number.

I will still be interested to hear the experience of someone using it and going in for a service other than the 90 day report.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:58 pm I will still be interested to hear the experience of someone using it and going in for a service other than the 90 day report.
In early August that will be me. That is when I am due to go to immigration with my updated bank passbook to prove I still have the 800,000 baht in my account.

There is no selection on QueQ for that, so I will select "Other" and see what happens. I doubt I would have much of a wait anyhow since there is unlikely to be a mob of people waiting to do the same thing. But I will certainly post my experience.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I received two recent reports from folks using the Queue online system for Jomtien Immigration. One for retirement extension and the other for 90 day address reporting -- both were successful. They bypassed the front desk going direct to retirement desk and address reporting desk, respectively - showing their queue ticket on their mobile phone display.

It appears that one can make an appointment for a later date as this was done by the person doing their address reporting in response to my message making an observation that based on their queue ticket image sent to me appeared to allow it - their message to me was:
Yes that’s correct I downloaded the app and made the appointment easily choosing the 90 day reporting option and then was presented with a list of times available.

I selected 10 - 10;30 and got the appointment and the ‘ticket’. All I had to do was confirm it when I was close to the immigration offices and that was it. I went straight to the number 4 desk and immediately dealt with. Very easy and I hope they keep the system going forward.
The other report re queue ticket for retirement extension, the individual made the appointment outside once they arrived at Jomtien Immigration.

Here are copies of their Queue tickets (with my annotations):