Bar observations

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Re: Bar observations

Post by catawampuscat »

Toy Boys in business about 20 years. They cater to Chinese, and other Asians and their boys tend to be less tattooed and lighter skinned
than other bars. Their customer base is not here in Thailand and little reason to stay open until tourists can return.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

We were in Sun Bar in Jomtien Complex yesterday and a lad there pointed out at least 5 cameras..
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

catawampuscat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 pm Toy Boys in business about 20 years. They cater to Chinese, and other Asians
Toyboys has a big farang following as well as Asian. It is a hugely popular Gogo bar and I would say by far and away the best in Pattaya.
It would be a crying shame if it did indeed close permanently....😪🤕🤧
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:21 am It would be a crying shame if it did indeed close permanently
I hope none of the bars will close permanently, but again, even before anyone ever heard of Covid-19 the bars were already in trouble due to lack of customers. For several reasons many gay farang were not coming to Thailand and bar after bar was closing. The go-go bar scene was only a shadow of its former self even then.

If everything returned to normal tomorrow, how many of you would be on the next plane to Thailand, heading for the bars?

The way I see it, gay farang go-go bar lovers need to face reality. This would not exactly be the right time to sit there nursing the same drink for two or three hours.

Once farang can come to Thailand again, unless customer numbers are enough to support the bars, there won't be any bars. It's not going to matter much who the bars cater to or which bars are popular if the only place the bars still exist is in our memories.

If you want the Thailand bar scene to remain and possibly even make a comeback, the only way it can happen is for customers to come and start spending money in the bars. And if the go-go bars are to succeed, you need to be one of those customers.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I don’t doubt farangs enjoy Toy Boys but with no tourists of any race now in Pattaya, staying open not easy for the bars.
The Asians often come in large groups and order many drinks. Boyzboyzboyz, another popular bar with Asians was often
filled with Asian women and men in large groups, and nary a farang most nights. Same case in Bangkok boy show bars.
Toys Boys is a boy bar not a gay bar
gera

Post by gera »

Not only bars will not survive without tourists. Pattaya itself will not survive in its present form. I would not go as far as extending it to the whole country. But Thailand economy which depends so heavily on international tourism and exports should change quite drastically. And , yes, echoing
our previous discussions, the relative weight and significance of expats and long term visitors should increase. Measures such as testing and quarantines make much more sense for long-term visitors. And I would start by alleviating entry requirements for foreign property and elite card owners.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Update my last post on Bangkok bars. It's not quite dead yet!

Fresh Boys just opened and there were 15+ or so boys on stage and I was told there were 12 customers Sunday night up to 2300hrs and 18 customers last night Saturday. A lot of new faces on stage. I would rate the quality as very good but I guess that's subjective.

At Hotmale the balcony lounge was full of customers and hosts. In side there were 15+ or so boys. Big improvement from last weekend. I don't have a customer count but it was doing OK considering.

Dream Boys continued to be open with the usual large contingent of mamasans who seemed to outnumber the customers. Around 10 boys on stage. I looked in at 2230, one customer, I think.

Tawan was open and when I looked in at 2200 there were no customers that I could see. The rest of the soi was very dark.

Suriwong was very quiet and only a few people walking around. The Suriwong hotel was closed and the bypass road was blocked off.
Besides the Suriwong around 80% of the usual business were closed.

Screw Boys, Lucky Boys, Moonlight, Super A, Golden Cock and Nature were closed Sunday night.

Almost all the boys in the bars are Thai. Drinks/entry back up to 350 from 200 last weekend. No shows in spite of what you might be told.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Updates on Boyztown and Pattayaland soi 13/4 and 13/3

Three more bars reopen - one closes

BoyzBoyzBoyz gives up and has closed. They announce on their Facebook page that they will reopen when possible. Which is probably not before mass chinese tourism has started again.

Toyboys and Cupidol are closed.

Castro has reopened. No shows currently, but open as a beer bar with discounted prices.

Panorama has also reopened. The bar looks very beautiful since it was recently renovated.

Scandic massage is open.

A-Bomb on soi 13/4 has reopened. I haven't yet checked them out so I don't know drink prices or if they have a show as before.

Dreamboys and X-boys on soi 13/3 still open as reported before.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

SP55 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 pm Updates on Boyztown and Pattayaland soi 13/4 and 13/3

Castro has reopened. No shows currently, but open as a beer bar with discounted prices.
Glen Scott Campbell has posted videos on Facebook of a cabaret show at Castro from Friday night.
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

Bangkokian wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 pm Glen Scott Campbell has posted videos on Facebook of a cabaret show at Castro from Friday night.
https://www.facebook.com/14632584339848 ... 359094991/