In case you don't already have enough to worry about...

Anything and everything about Thailand
bkkguy

In case you don't already have enough to worry about...

Post by bkkguy »

as the covid-19 situation continues to deteriorate in many countries world-wide, there is cheery news from China:

New swine flu with pandemic potential identified by China researchers

but of course at this stage there is absolutely nothing the worry about - there is no evidence yet that it can be passed from human to human, and China will take all necessary measures to prevent the spread and outbreak of the virus - does anyone else here have a feeling of déjà vu here?
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Re: In case you don't already have enough to worry about...

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 pm but of course at this stage there is absolutely nothing the worry about
And there never will be. We have nothing to fear. The great Donald Trump will make sure to stay on top of the facts and protect us all. And if there is any question about it, still no need to worry. After all, Mike Pence is second in command . . .

Trump already has everything under control. Just follow his example and advice - all will be well:
1. Don't bother wearing a face mask
2. Drink household cleaning liquid
3. No need to avoid crowds
4. Take plenty of hydroxychloroquine

All perfect for the health of the world. Yes, folks - Donald Trump is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, of living humans - just ask him . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

After a few decades of new strains of bird flu, swine flu and whatever else affecting parts of Asia, but not the west, I think the west became a little complacent. Whilst Asia learnt & gained experience in how to deal with epidemics.
So when Coronavirus comes along, the response of almost all western countries has been relatively poor.

Also, we've all been reminded what a pandemic is, hence every time there's a new strain of flu identified in animals, what would have previously been ignored will now be of interest. It will be reported, discussed and worried about much more than previously. For a few years.

It's rather like after Toyota had a problem with accelerator pedals which wasn't managed well. For a few years afterwards, the media would pick up on every single minor recall with Toyota. Whilst ignoring those from their competitors. Then they got bored with it and we are back to normal.

This story might last a little longer.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm Yes, folks - Donald Trump is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, of living humans - just ask him . . .
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pmWe have nothing to fear. The great Donald Trump will make sure to stay on top of the facts and protect us all. And if there is any question about it, still no need to worry. After all, Mike Pence is second in command . . .
I don't remember if I picked this up from here or elsewhere (apologies if I did) but a really scary read for you from the NYT:
Invisible outbreaks sprang up everywhere. The United States ignored the warning signs. We analyzed travel patterns, hidden infections and genetic data to show how the epidemic spun out of control.
How the virus won in the US, New York Times, June 25 2020

all covid19 content is free if you register for a free account, or the first few articles are free each month, or subscribe and support the news you trust, or .... yada, yada, yada
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!