Can this get any worse? Covid-19 MAY also be an STD

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Can this get any worse? Covid-19 MAY also be an STD

Post by Gaybutton »

The part bothering me is while they're saying no conclusive evidence of Covid-19 being spread through sexual transmission, apparently there is also no conclusive evidence that is doesn't spread that way.

Thai Department of Disease Control says no conclusive evidence of Covid-19 being spread through sexual transmission

By Adam Judd

Thursday, 14 May 2020

The Thai Department of Disease Control, or DDC, responding to several media reports that allegedly warn people to avoid sexual contact for fear of contracting Covid-19, released a statement this week addressing the issue.

Dr Wirawat Manosutthi, a DDC medical advisor, told Associated Press that there was a statement that alleges that Covid-19 was found in the semen of male Covid-19 patients, as well as recovered patients, in China.

He continued by saying “The study does not conclude that Covid-19 can be sexually transmitted, as the experiment only used small samples and therefore required further study to confirm the result. They also did not say that the virus found was a viable one.”

“Furthermore, there is no report of other breeds of coronavirus being sexually transmitted and there is also no report of finding Covid-19 virus in the semen of current or recovered patients in Thailand,” he concluded.

Several Facebook pages, as well as some media sources, claimed that the Chinese based study meant one should avoid sexual contact period, which Dr. Wirawat said was incorrect.

Dr. Wirawat, however, stated that although sexual transmission of the disease was not conclusive and extremely unlikely, that one should always still practice safe sex and utilize condoms at all times.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/14/t ... nsmission/
gera

Re: Can this get any worse? Covid-19 MAY also be an STD

Post by gera »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 pm

“Furthermore, there is no report of other breeds of coronavirus being sexually transmitted and there is also no report of finding Covid-19 virus in the semen of current or recovered patients in Thailand,” he concluded.

the Chinese based study meant one should avoid sexual contact period

Dr. Wirawat, however, stated that although sexual transmission of the disease was not conclusive and extremely unlikely, that one should always still practice safe sex and utilize condoms at all times.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/14/t ... nsmission/
One should avoid Chinese "studies'.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm One should avoid Chinese "studies'.
Not me. I don't automatically discount their "studies." I use safe sex precautions anyway, so I'm not worried about it, but I'd rather be aware of the possibility than simply disregarding it just because it comes from China.
gera

Post by gera »

I understand what you are saying. However, please, give me an example of information provided by Chinese which proved to be correct. First, they denied transmission from person to person. Then they protested banning Chinese from entering other countries. Then they said it does not effect children. Now we know this is wrong. Then they claimed that people can get sick with the virus second time. It is wrong either. Or at least there are no known examples of that. They claimed that remdesevir of no use. Now approved by FDA and will be used broadly. Perhaps more importantly they mischaracterized the nature of arising pneumonia. The phenomenon of blood clots was not reported at all. And EVL proved to be totally useless. I am not saying that Chinese are stupid. They are not. They simply try to inflict maximal damage to their global opponents by their disinformation. All information regarding the virus is strictly under control of Chinese party bosses and they make sure no useful information escapes China. It is true that Chinese scientists published the genome sequence of the virus. But they were punished for that and now nothing can be shared with international community without the approval of party bosses.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm please, give me an example of information provided by Chinese which proved to be correct.
How about the Chinese doctor who first announced about the virus - until they quickly silenced him. Other than that, I have no idea. I have not studied the "studies".
Moses

Post by Moses »

gera wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm I understand what you are saying. However, please, give me an example of information provided by Chinese which proved to be correct. First, they denied transmission from person to person. Then they protested banning Chinese from entering other countries. Then they said it does not effect children. Now we know this is wrong. Then they claimed that people can get sick with the virus second time. It is wrong either. Or at least there are no known examples of that. They claimed that remdesevir of no use. Now approved by FDA and will be used broadly. Perhaps more importantly they mischaracterized the nature of arising pneumonia. The phenomenon of blood clots was not reported at all. And EVL proved to be totally useless. I am not saying that Chinese are stupid. They are not. They simply try to inflict maximal damage to their global opponents by their disinformation. All information regarding the virus is strictly under control of Chinese party bosses and they make sure no useful information escapes China. It is true that Chinese scientists published the genome sequence of the virus. But they were punished for that and now nothing can be shared with international community without the approval of party bosses.
It is a racist post.
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm please, give me an example of information provided by Chinese which proved to be correct.
I see.

Information regarding the virus is strictly under control of Chinese party bosses.
Information about Covid-19 from Chinese sources has proven to be incorrect.
All information about Covid-19 from Chinese sources is incorrect.

Is that the syllogism you believe?

Do you truly believe Chinese party bosses or anyone else Chinese is trying to deceive the world by making sure no useful information escapes China?

Believe that if you want to, but you will have to do much better than that to even begin to convince me that kind of thinking is valid. Throw their cautionary warnings to the winds if you wish, but I'm not going to disregard it until you can show me solid evidence that they're either wrong or trying to intentionally disseminate false information.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Moses wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:48 pm It is a racist post.
Which part of the post is racist ?

Having read the post carefully, in my opinion, not a single word is racist. It's essentially a criticism of Chinese Government policy in censoring information and allegedly spreading misinformation.

If I criticised the US government for suggesting injecting disinfectant as a cure, or the Russian government for assassinating opponents of the President & a few other offences, that's also not racism.

The bigger question is how much of the post is accurate.
There's certainly evidence of Xi Jinping's government apparatus preventing a doctor from raising the alarm. There are reports of them censoring research into the disease and other coverage of it.
I'm not sure about them spreading false information, but I can't claim I go looking for that, as there is too much interesting stuff to read instead.