the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

gera

the most promising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Post by gera »

The vaccine developed by Sarah Gilbert group (Oxford University) goes to human trial this week. IMHO it is the most promising vaccine because it targets the activation of T-cells rather than antibodies. The production of the vaccine will start soon in several locations even before its efficacy is verified. Unfortunately, one of this locations is China. If vaccine works , Chinese definitely will steal it (as they did recently with remdesevir of Gilead science).
gera

Re: the most primising vaccine goes to human trial this week

Post by gera »

A recent research of German scientists indicate that asymptomatic cases (where people catch virus but do not get sick) are due to activation of T-cells rather than antibody response. That is another indication that Oxford vaccine is currently the best shot (because it trains T-cells ). Gilead drug remdesevir shows good results and probably will be approved quickly as a treatment. Proves once again that fucking chinese faked the results of their remdesevir trial (and started illegal production of the drug in China). My Gilead shares are doing great today!
gera

Post by gera »

German company Biontech along with Pfizer starts large scale human trials in Europe and USA. Promise to get vaccine by September. Due to cooperation with Pfizer millions of doses of the vaccine may be available by the end of the year. I own shares but buying them may be risky.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

gera wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 pm A recent research of German scientists indicate that asymptomatic cases (where people catch virus but do not get sick) are due to activation of T-cells rather than antibody response.

Maybe you can help answer this for me:

If T-cells have been proven to help fight the virus (as seen in asymptomatic people) do you know if there's been any discussion among the experts regarding the effects of probiotics on T-cells? The reason I'm asking is because I've been taking a probiotic daily (acidophilus) for years primarily to maintain digestional health, but know that probiotics also help boost the production of T-cells, thus boosting the immune system to help protect against viruses. Have you seen anything on this, specifically as it pertains to Covid-19?
gera

Post by gera »

Astrazeneca will produce the oxford vaccine. i hope it terminates the original plan to produce it in china among several international locations.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium
gera

Post by gera »

Dodger wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:22 am
gera wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 pm A recent research of German scientists indicate that asymptomatic cases (where people catch virus but do not get sick) are due to activation of T-cells rather than antibody response.

Maybe you can help answer this for me:

If T-cells have been proven to help fight the virus (as seen in asymptomatic people) do you know if there's been any discussion among the experts regarding the effects of probiotics on T-cells? The reason I'm asking is because I've been taking a probiotic daily (acidophilus) for years primarily to maintain digestional health, but know that probiotics also help boost the production of T-cells, thus boosting the immune system to help protect against viruses. Have you seen anything on this, specifically as it pertains to Covid-19?
I have not heard anything about that. They even do not understand why T-cells are active enough in some people to fight it off and not in others.
Russian data (which has an active testing program), indicate that 40-50 percent among all tested positive are asymptomatic.
gera

Post by gera »

Great news! Remdesevir has been approved as a treatment for coronavirus. Next step is to create combinations of remdesevir with anti inflammation medications to hopefully create a cure. Lancet published Chinese "research' claiming that remdesevir is of no help. How long will it take
to realize that Chinese motherfuckers try to damage the West in any possible way and faking research results is just nothing for them. Shame to Lancet !!!
gera

Post by gera »

While it is true that Remdesevir is not a cure , nevertheless one can expect further developments.
1. Trials of a combination of remdesevir with the anti inflammation drug already started in Nebraska center of infectious deceases (major US center).
2. Currently remdesevir is administered through IV and only in hospital. Gilead is working on outpatient version of the medication. Many experts believe that early application of the drug can stop the infection in tracks.