Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Re: Eros to reopen soon in Boystown

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:11 pm
Going to gogo bars for fun is not quite the same as the past.
For example, the time I went to Eros and a hot naked lad was very quickly bouncing up and down on my lap.
Or the Vasu towel nights, where the boys used to try and steal each other's towels.
Indeed more fun in the past. Nowadays not even all the gogobars have boys in only their underwear. Fully dressed boys in BoyzBoyzBoyz for example.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:33 pm Fully dressed boys in BoyzBoyzBoyz for example.
Let's see . . . Exorbitant drink prices. Exorbitant off fees. Boys fully dressed. How many of you are are spending your hard earned holiday money and going to Thailand for that?

I can't speak for anyone else, but my idea of a fun way to spend an evening includes none of the above.

For me, a definite no thanks. I'll simply walk down just about any street or walk through any shopping mall and see the same thing - for free . . .
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

I occasionally stay in Bangkok but for very short period,I also prefer Pattaya and stay there most of my vacation I prefer young slim twinks and there is no shortage of them in Pattaya who will gladly take 1000-1500 for ST or 1500 -2000 LT through the apps ,I do go to the bars from time to time but almost not offing boys there anymore, Very annoying that boy who insist for 1500 to 2000 at the bar will agree immediately to accept via the apps to come for 1000 to 1500 . I suspect that boys are paying some fee to the bar as a commission if a client off them there hence the higher amount they are asking in the bar but I am not sure about that.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I don't think most of the boys at places like Toy Boys insist on the higher tips. It seems to be that they are programmed to try their luck by asking. Asking is not the same as insisting, as long as the customer understands this.

I don't think they pay anything back to the bar either and certainly hope not, as the drinks and off fee are supposed to be for the bar.

I also agree there is no point at all in paying to watch fully dressed boys in BBB. Some of the girlie bars have full nudity and draft beer at 80-110 baht. I would like to see one or two of the gay bars follow suit, rather than try and fob us off with gogo drink prices without much to see.
I have still never set foot in BBB. I had another look last week, but their door was wide open and an excess of clothing was clearly visible through it.
If a gogo bar has so little indecency that it can operate with a wide open door, I might as well buy my drinks in the 7-Eleven. If anything, 7-Eleven staff are easier on the eye and covered up to a similar extent.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:17 am I don't think most of the boys at places like Toy Boys insist on the higher tips
I remember seeing a price list in Toyboys and posting details about it on one of the forums a few years ago. I'm sure they still use it when new people come into the bar.
I think the fee for short time was then 1500 but the going rate at the time was 1000.
The list was really for newbies and was certainly negotiable with the boy.
Erosboybar

Post by Erosboybar »

Is now all closed. Sorry, we cannot open now in Boystown. We want open for October or November ....
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Erosboybar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:43 pm Is now all closed. Sorry, we cannot open now in Boystown. We want open for October or November ....
If Pattaya is reopened for the next high season, I sincerely hope Thailand does not ruin it by inventing impossible travel restrictions.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:28 am I remember seeing a price list in Toyboys and posting details about it on one of the forums a few years ago. I'm sure they still use it when new people come into the bar.
I think the fee for short time was then 1500 but the going rate at the time was 1000.
The list was really for newbies and was certainly negotiable with the boy.
Back in January, I found a rather cute looking lad on an app.
We had a short chat, discussing what might happen, then after that, he asked "how much do you tip ?".
I said minimum 1000.
He said can I come now ?

Anyway, this delightful lad showed up & it turns out that he works at Toy Boys. He was delightful and was very pleased with the tip, which was of course more than my minimum, but less than 1500.

As for restrictions, well unless Thailand decides to abandon the 20% of it's economy that runs on tourism, I think Thailand will be trying to encourage tourists at least as fast as most other countries.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm wondering how the bars will deal with it if face masks and social distancing will still be a "new normal" requirement.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:53 am I'm wondering how the bars will deal with it if face masks and social distancing will still be a "new normal" requirement.
Masks would have to come off...you can’t drink with a mask on! Same goes for restaurants!