Wine connection

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
gera

Wine connection

Post by gera »

I am a little bit hesitant to post about this venue. It is well known chain. The only thing which is relatively new (opened last December) new branch in Royal Garden Plaza. It is within walking distance from my condo (and Boystown). So we had dinner over there twice. The food is excellent. I tried lamb chops and pork tenderloin. By bf had salmon and sea bass. Though not cheap, the place is highly recommended. Try their Parisien platter. The ham is excellent. I cannot find anything even remotedly close in Pattaya (with huge amount of available choices).
windwalker

Re: Wine connection

Post by windwalker »

Thanks I will check it out.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Their menu looks good and their prices are not particularly expensive in comparison to other restaurants serving similar items.

https://www.wineconnection.co.th/
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Ate there about six months ago. Dinner party of four. All of us said we would never go back. Not up to Bangkok standard. Botched food order, screwed up the bill, small portions, and the food was not good. "..... other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

When we are flying out of BKK we often stay the night before at At Residence Hotel near the airport (recommended, not expensive and transfer to the airport 150 baht/room).
We normally go to the Wine Connection in the nearby shopping mall, which we find is always reliable.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, we've got one saying the food is excellent and one saying it sux.

Any tie breakers . . . ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I'll enter the fray. There is a Wine Connection restaurant and wine shop in the basement of Silom Complex in Bangkok. Never found it spectacular but more than acceptable and with reasonable prices. Have eaten there at least a dozen times and never had a problem - other than with the volume poured into the wine-by-the-glass offerings. A bit stingy I reckoned. I'll continue to eat there when convenient.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Yes, but I'm looking for a tie breaker for the Pattaya location.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Didn't like it very much, but I have had decent pizzas at the Silom Complex location.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

3 of us ate at the Wine Connection at Royal Garden and we all agreed not to go back.