Hot Meals 2 U - Food delivery

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Hot Meals 2 U - Food delivery

Post by 2lz2p »

Posted in the Pattaya Foodies Facebook Group recently was information on a food delivery service, as with Pattaya Meals, they apparently prepare the food rather than like Door2Door (Foodpanda) that orders and delivers food from various Pattaya Restaurants.

Looking over their menu, it certainly looks interesting especially if you like Tex-Mex dishes and Southern (USA) dishes, e.g. biscuits & gravy and Chicken Fried Steak, which they refer to as Country Fried Steak. Of course they also show sandwiches, burgers, salads, soups, Thai food, etc.

I will give them a try at some point and report on the experience, but currently due to diet restrictions I have to limit my intake on certain foods; so with two plans to join friends at restaurants this and next week, I will have to refrain for a while - I've lost 40 lbs since my long hospital stay earlier this year and for health reasons, doing my best not to gain any of it back.

They mention delivery zones and minimum orders for free delivery, but apparently you have to go through the process of placing an order to determine if your delivery will be free or, if not, the delivery charge they will make.

Anyway, I thought I would mention it so if anyone is interested they can give it a try -- if so, please comment on your experience. The person posting the information on Pattaya Foodies ordered Tacos and highly complimented the food, price, and service. Their webpage for seeing their menu and ordering food is:

https://www.hotmeals2u.com
Gaybutton

Re: Hot Meals 2 U - Food delivery

Post by Gaybutton »

I looked at their menu and it does look good at reasonable prices. The only problem is, for the time being, they stop delivering at 6:30pm, and later than 6:30pm is when I would be most likely to want to order. Their site says they hope to be able to deliver later soon.

This is the only food delivery service I've seen that delivers breakfast.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The Robin Hood Restaurant in the Avenues Shopping Mall also delivers - including breakfast, but they don't start their delivery service until 11:30am (until 11pm) whereas the Hot Meals 2 U starts at 9am and as mentioned, they currently stop at 6:30pm -- but, if one ordered just before 6:30pm, by the time it gets delivered it would be closer to evening meal time - at least for me as I usually eat my evening meal around 7pm.

I have ordered from Robin Hood Express, but not breakfast. I've not posted this before as I found some dishes so so whereas others were good, but I wouldn't say IMO that they were outstanding. If anyone is interested, here is their URL: https://www.robinhoodexpress.co/
gera

Post by gera »

2lz2p wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 pm I will give them a try at some point and report on the experience, but currently due to diet restrictions I have to limit my intake on certain foods; so with two plans to join friends at restaurants this and next week, I will have to refrain for a while - I've lost 40 lbs since my long hospital stay earlier this year and for health reasons, doing my best not to gain any of it back.
I hope you stay in good health for many years to come.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Seems like the competition for food delivery in Pattaya is heating up. Not only do fast foods, such as McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, KFC, and maybe a few others deliver, but now we also have:

Food Panda (I think now merged with Door-2-Door)
Pattaya Meals
Hot Meals 2 U
Robinhood Express

And several restaurants independently deliver too if the destination is within their range.

If I'm leaving any out, please post.

Now you don't even have to leave home to order food - or boys . . .
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Food Panda is located in many cities and some other countries, I believe, and are independent of Door2Door (D2D), but D2D uses their internet platform for displaying menus and ordering food. Previously, there was D2D and Waiter on Wheels (WOW) operating similarly - I heard, but can't say for certain, that D2D bought out WOW - but they continued to operate separate websites. Then, they both started using the Food Panda platform. In March 2016, the following was announced on Inspire:
We are glad to announce that our team grew further together and the family of Waiter on Wheels, Door 2 Door and Foodpanda joined forces. With the vast expertise of this partnership, we will be able to meet your demands most professionally.

Together we will lift the business to the next level and further improve food selection, service qualities and delivery times. We are looking forward to serve you better!
I've never cared for their 10% service charge plus delivery charge (WOW didn't have the 10% charge and a few restaurants were included by both - but that changed when both started using Food Panda Platform) - but at times, I didn't want to go out and had a hankering for something from a particular restaurant and continued to order sometimes - especially if a promotion, e.g. free delivery. So, always happy to see other venues, e.g. Pattaya Meals, Hood Express, and now Hot Meals 2 U.

To add to the list,

The Shack (Ed from Rich Man Poor Man's new place in Jomtien Complex) offers delivery, I believe.
Laong's Bistro, also, in Jomtien, also delivers to a limited area - you can see menu and order from their Facebook page.
martyinsiam

Post by martyinsiam »

I have been getting a lot of notices on Facebook from Grandmom's Kitchen but have yet to try them. The website is https://grandmoms.kitchen.

If anyone tries, please post results.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Despite living here for so many years, I had no idea so many food delivery services were available in Pattaya. And many items are not found in any restaurants I've been to.

I have a feeling a lot of things stored in my freezer are going to stay in the freezer for quite some time while I'm busy trying these services.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

HotMeals 2 U now announces delivery available from 8:30am to 8:00pm.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattaya's Hot Meals 2 U is back. For now they are operating and delivering between 11:00am - 7:00pm. They are closed on Wednesdays.

https://www.hotmeals2u.com