Masala Twist Indian Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Masala Twist Indian Restaurant

Post by 2lz2p »

I tried this restaurant yesterday - newly opened on Jomtien 2 Road between Soi 7 & 8 (same side as Laong's - Robert from Laong's posted on Pattaya Foodies Group about this restaurant, highly recommending it, but noting that food is evidently prepared after ordering, which results in a bit of a wait, but worth it).

Since I like Indian Food on occasion, I decided to give it a try. We arrived about 6:30pm, there was street parking available. Although the bf said he wasn't too hungry when we left the house, once he tasted the dishes, he decided he was hungry as we left nothing behind. We started with Onion Bhaji (80 baht) followed by 3 dishes: Dal Makhani (black lentils and my favorite Indian dish - 130 baht)), Chicken Korma (210 baht), and Mutton madras (285 baht) accompanied by Roti bread (2 at 20 baht each -- they do have an assortment of Naan bread from 30 baht for plain up to 120 for cheese Naan) and Pillau rice 95 baht (we finished off the rice before we did the other dishes, so ordered another bowl which came quickly - they do have Thai Rice for 40baht and Basmati rice for 70 baht). They also have several Tandoori dishes and Thai food as well.

Yes, there was a bit of a wait, but not really too long considering the quality and excellent taste of the food when it did arrive. Service was attentive. If you like Indian Food, I highly recommend this restaurant. Their Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/Jomtien2road/. They also do deliveries (I picked up a copy of their delivery menu, which helped in refreshing my memory on the dishes/price we had). They have indoor seating and couple of tables in front outside.
Gaybutton

Re: Masala Twist Indian Restaurant

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:37 pm Yes, there was a bit of a wait, but not really too long
How long was not really too long?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:49 pm
2lz2p wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:37 pm Yes, there was a bit of a wait, but not really too long
How long was not really too long?
Maybe 10-15 minutes after ordering for starter and another 5 minutes for mains. We arrived at about 6:30pm and left around 7:30pm - I had my iPad with book to read to occupy my time as I knew bf would be occupied with his phone. When we ordered more rice, it came within a couple of minutes.

I will be joining some friends there for dinner in the near future - so not too concerned about the a short wait as it gives us more time to visit.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I love Indian food and this new restaurant across from Boystown on second road is by far the best I’ve had anywhere!

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 am Maybe 10-15 minutes after ordering for starter and another 5 minutes for mains.
That seems like a normal, reasonable waiting time to me.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have now visited 3 times and ordered delivery 3 times -- so far, the best Indian food I've had. Last night was my 3rd visit. My bf and my close friend and his bf ordered several dishes and shared. My friends bf had said he didn't like Indian food very much, but after the meal, he said he had changed his mind as the food was "aroi mak mak." I and another member of the Pattaya City Expats Club have recommended this restaurant at the PCEC meetings -- last night, there was a part of 8 or 9, most I knew as they were also PCEC members.

This restaurant is very convenient for me as I live about 5 minutes away and I can usually find street parking near or in front of the restaurant -- there is a liquor delivery place one or two shop houses down that parks their Motorbikes with side cart on the street - but puts them on the sidewalk and frees up the space by 7pm. Last night, I got there about 6:50pm and the bikes were still in the street, but when the bf asked, they moved them to give me space to park - almost in front of the restaurant.