Rich Man-Poor Man, Pattaya - SOLD

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Rich Man-Poor Man, Pattaya - SOLD

Post by Gaybutton »

This is second-hand information and I have not yet spoken with Eddie, but I'm getting this from a source I consider reliable.

As many of you know, Eddie has been trying to sell Rich Man-Poor Man for a long time and apparently he has found a buyer. I have no idea who bought it, whether the restaurant will remain open, or if it does, whether there will be any changes. I hope there will be no changes, but I think most of you know as well as I do that when a restaurant changes hands around here, all too often the new owner starts making changes and ruins the restaurant. We'll just have to wait and see.

What I do know, directly from Eddie, is he is now planning to devote his energies to his restaurant truck and is also going to open a small, open air restaurant virtually next door to where he had been keeping the truck - on "The Dark Side," fortunately for me very close to where I live. It is on Soi Khao Noi, also known as Soi Boonsampan. Go to the Chilled shopping mall. If you walk out the side door of the mall - there is only one side door - the restaurant will be directly across the street. Eddie says he's hoping to open it by March 1. The menu will be essentially the same as Rich Man-Poor Man, but probably less expensive because the overhead is less expensive. Take-away will be available. Delivery may be available too at some point, but likely only locally unless Eddie gets involved with Door-2-Door or some other delivery business.

GPS coordinates: 12.922999, 100.910589

If and when more information becomes available it will be posted.
Undaunted

Re: Rich Man-Poor Man, Pattaya - SOLD

Post by Undaunted »

Eddie told us last week that a sale was pending but asked us not to say anything as it had not closed yet. This is great for him but the restaurant was good because Eddie ran it and we were told a Chinese woman was the buyer, I will miss both the restaurant and Eddie, but there is no way in hell I will travel to an open air restaurant on “The Dark Side”.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:we were told a Chinese woman was the buyer, I will miss both the restaurant and Eddie
Maybe she won't change anything, but if she is Chinese, chances are the restaurant as we knew it will very soon be history.

In any case, I won't have to miss it when Eddie opens "The Dark Side" restaurant. As I said, I live close by, so no problem for me to go any time I want.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Eddie told me that Rich Man Poor Man will be closing March 10.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Eddie’s post on Facebook today:

With different rules and regulations changing every day my wife and I decided to accept an offer for our guesthouse and building on Soi 9.

On march 9th we will be serving our last meals at The Richman-Poorman. 14 years and 2 months after starting an adventure it turned into an era.

We would like to thank all those that have supported us over the years. Many friendships have transpired over these years. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

The food truck, UP 2 You, will continue to operate under our management. Possibly a BBQ Shack is in the future. Golf is a definite !!

Many of the staff will remain with the new owners.

Good Night Mrs. Kalabash where ever you are !!

Mantana & Eddie
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Seems like a bit of good news!

Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Sounds like one of those kiosks by Dick's Cafe.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The new Richman Poorman is a stall across from Dick's Cafe.

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

He just posted his menu on Pattaya Foodies Facebook Group -- delivery number 065-991-3747 - Some Tex-Mex, BBQ, & Burger/dogs/sandwiches plus sides - looks good! :D