Pastrami closing?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Pastrami closing?

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening, February 13, we drove past Pastrami on Rye. It was closed.

My guess is they weren't making enough money at that location to make it worth continuing there.

The good news - maybe - is I'm hearing a rumor that they will return to their original location and serve customers there. I haven't heard anything about when, but if they do I'll be happy. I liked their original location much better.

They have been making the corned beef, pastrami, and just about everything except the pizza at their original location all along anyway, and then send it over to the Thappraya location.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Their Facebook messages:

7:07am - 2/13/17
Pastrami on rye will be closed today for our relocation procedures. We will resume services on WEDNESDAY February 15th at 11 a.m. and operate for delivery and pickup only.

6:43am - 2/11/17
We are open daily at 11am at our Theppraya location. The kitchen will be cooking up our menu through 10pm for delivery or take away.

Next week we plan to be back to our original location in Jomtien and building our business as delivery or take away.

A big thanks to everyone who visited the last couple of years .... keep an eye out for our new products and services to come

https://www.facebook.com/pastramionryethailand/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have the latest information about Pastami on Rye - direct from the owner.

The Thepprasit Road location is permanently closed. They will continue to make their corned beef, pastrami, pulled pork, etc. at their original Jomtien location, but they will not be open there as a restaurant. They may be willing to make special orders, but not yet. There will be no individual delivery, at least for now. If you want any of their products, for the time being you will have to go to the location and pick it up yourself.

The good news is Beertopia is serving their pulled pork and is considering serving some of Pastrami on Rye's signature sandwiches, such as the Reuben and the Rachel. Some other Pattaya restaurants are also considering picking up Pastami on Rye's sandwiches.

Beertopia is also seriously considering major renovations to their location, making much more room for customers, along with moving and expanding their kitchen.