Livv

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Re: Livv

Post by 2lz2p »

If you want some discounts there, you can book through Eatigo - if dining at 6:30pm, you can get a 40% discount - at 7pm to 8:30pm a 10% discount and at 9pm and later a 30% discount.

http://eatigo.com/home/th/en/pattaya/re ... and-drinks
loke

Post by loke »

This is actually amazing. They give you 50% discount on any menus in the afternoon using Eatigo reservation. I accept the deal ;)
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Returned to Livv last night after having great ribs the preceding Tuesday. Went there primarily for the burgers although one person had pasta. The concensus was the burgers were very good but not great. I was a little miffed because they don't serve traditional yellow mustard as a condiment, only dijon which I don't like. The best burger is still the Havana at the Holiday Inn in North Pattaya. The pasta was judged just ok. They were out of many deserts and we had blueberry cheese cake that was fair. On Tuesday the place was packed, last night only 25% of the tables taken. Looking forward to trying their steak special promotion.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I now find this place addictive, as another visit tonight for steaks. The imported steaks are reasonable in price and a real value on Saturday night with a 25% discount. The steaks were superb, a ribeye, a tenderloin and the 3rd person had the ribs at my recommendation. Served still sizzling on a skillet with creamed spinach and mashed potatoes topped with cheese. I like everything about Livv (let's forget the location) except the music. The music is far too loud, not conducive for dinner conversation. I mentioned this to the staff and was told that's the way the owner likes it as he is a former dj. Oh well. I wish this place success but there were a total of five people dining there on a Saturday night. If you live west of Sukumvit getting there is no fun, Soi Khao Talo was a mess last night.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The music is far too loud, not conducive for dinner conversation. I mentioned this to the staff and was told that's the way the owner likes it as he is a former dj.
It wasn't like that the night I ate there. In fact, I didn't even notice any music. Maybe in your case it had something to do with it being Saturday night. Either way, if the music is too loud, speak to the owner rather than the staff. Whether he was a DJ or not, he needs to understand in a restaurant the music should be background, not dominating - especially to the point that it's hard to have a conversation. Tell him if he wants to play loud music, open a disco.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:The music is far too loud, not conducive for dinner conversation. I mentioned this to the staff and was told that's the way the owner likes it as he is a former dj.
It wasn't like that the night I ate there. In fact, I didn't even notice any music. Maybe in your case it had something to do with it being Saturday night. Either way, if the music is too loud, speak to the owner rather than the staff. Whether he was a DJ or not, he needs to understand in a restaurant the music should be background, not dominating - especially to the point that it's hard to have a conversation. Tell him if he wants to play loud music, open a disco.
My second visit we also requested the music to be turned down and also it is not dinner music but more appropriate for a go-go bar. The staff immediately turned down the music and explained it wasn't their choice but the owner's. The owner wasn't there otherwise I would have followed your suggestion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The staff immediately turned down the music and explained it wasn't their choice but the owner's. The owner wasn't there
The owner wasn't there and the music being played was not only excessively loud, but more appropriate for a go-go bar. Why do I think maybe the choice of music and the volume may not really have been the owner's choice?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:The staff immediately turned down the music and explained it wasn't their choice but the owner's. The owner wasn't there
The owner wasn't there and the music being played was not only excessively loud, but more appropriate for a go-go bar. Why do I think maybe the choice of music and the volume may not really have been the owner's choice?
Because the staff is Thai, don't like the music themselves, the owner has private parties which are known for loud music., and the owner sets the volume when he is there. Next visit I will corner him or post a review on TripAdvisor so he becomes aware of the issue.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I think it is a battle you will not win.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

lvdkeyes wrote:I think it is a battle you will not win.
I think you are right, Fellini's at Jomtien had the same problem. The owner's son(waiter) calls the shots on the music and volume despite our pleas so we can carry on a conversation. We stopped going there, as there are good Italian restaurant options in Jomtien.