Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Re: Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by Trongpai »

Yes, Yorkies corned beef is good for hash but no good for a deli sandwich.

Back on the topic of 'Pastrami on Rye' I spoke to the owner a few days ago and he said they are moving to Thapphraya Road. He said soon, when I asked when. I asked exactly where and he did not give me an answer that I understood. You know where Continental Bakery is located, near there but and on the other side of the road. He said I will not be able to miss it. It's on the corner?

He's also told me they're going to do breakfast, "American style". Corned beef hash, skillet omelets and biscuit n' gravy. No hominy grits. Says he can't find them. Bangkok Villa on Suk 11 has them sometimes.

Perhaps someone who's not directionally challenged can provide a better description of where the new location will be. Also, when? GPS would be nice.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

A few doors south of Continental Bakery on Thrappaya Rd there is a coffee shop called Espresso. Pastrami on Rye will be there and the shop next to it where the construction is going on now.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening RichLB and I ate at Pastrami on Rye. We each decided to try their pizza. If you like pizza, give it a try at Pastrami on Rye - or have them deliver it to you. We all have our individual tastes, but I can honestly say theirs is the best pizza I've had in all of Thailand and most of the rest of the world, including the USA.

They offer 12" pizzas and 14" pizzas. I had the 12" - much more than I could eat. Half of it is now residing in my refrigerator. They offer several styles - thin crust, Sicilian, Pan, Chicago deep dish, Calzone, and Stromboli.

If you want delivery, the number is 087 609 8770. Delivery is available 3:00pm - 10:00pm. Closed Sundays.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I concur with GB. I've had my favorite pizza places in Pattaya before, but Pastrami on Rye is now top of the list. And, best of all, they had two of my favorite toppings which I have never found here - real pepperoni and also real sausage and mushroom. I don't know why other pizzerias don't offer those choices (or if they do I've never found them) but Pastrami on Rye does. Hooray!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:real pepperoni and also real sausage and mushroom.
And plenty of it too. They make the sausage themselves. Some pizza places around here serve a pizza and there's a hint of the toppings - a few mushrooms sprinkled here and there - tiny bits of sausage that aren't even big enough to offer any flavor - a little bit of cheese. Not Pastrami on Rye. Their pizza is loaded.

After last night, unless I can find a pizza place even better, from now on if I'm in a pizza mood, no question about it - I'll be heading for Pastrami on Rye.

I also like the pizza at Ristorante Mimosa (see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6525 ). It's a different style that I still like very much, but after trying the pizza at Pastrami on Rye, for me Risorante Mimosa's pizza has moved from my number 1 choice to number 2.

Unfortunately, both restaurants are closed on Sundays.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Anyone have a link for pizza menu?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Anyone have a link for pizza menu?
http://www.americanpizzapattaya.com/menu.html

They do need to update their online menu, but I imagine they'll be doing that after they complete their move to their new location, where they'll be adding much more to their menu and will also feature breakfasts.

The prices listed on their online menu are for their 14" pizzas. Their 12" pizzas are 100 baht less. Also, I haven't ordered delivery, but others have told me they are not charging a delivery fee - just tip the delivery boy.

I have their current menu right in front of me as I write this post.

Dine in hours: 12pm - 10pm
Delivery: 3pm - 10pm
Closed Sundays

They offer thin crust, pan, Sicilian, and Chicago deep dish pizzas along with Calzone and Stromboli.

The pizzas currently offered are:

Supreme
Meat Lovers
Taco
Bacon Cheeseburger
BBQ Chicken
Four Cheese
Hawaiian
Pepperoni
Sausage & Mushroom
Veggie
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks GB for the info and link. I will probably give them a try (delivery). I did note on their website they show:
30 THB delivery charge in Pattaya - 40 to 50 THB delivery Naklua and Darkside
I usually order pizza from New York Pizza which was 30 Baht, but has now been increased to 50 Baht to deliver to me here in Jomtien - looking forward to giving their pizza a try.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You will not be disappointed with Pastrami on Rye's pizza.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:I did note on their website they show
Yes, their web site does show delivery charges, but my understanding is they have not been charging - but it's certainly worth it if they do charge. Delivery charge or not, the delivery boy gets a tip from me.

By the way, I also tip when eating there. The tips are pooled and all the tip money goes to the boys. The management keeps none of it.

I haven't tried New York Pizza yet, so I can't compare the two.