EatsHUB - new food delivery app

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

EatsHUB - new food delivery app

Post by Gaybutton »

This new app certainly has potential, but needs a lot of work. I was able to download it to my smartphone, but not to my tablet. I would also like to see a PC version.

Another little problem - the app is entirely in Thai, with no option for English anywhere that I can find.

I hope it won't be long until they do come out with an English option. Sooner or later, these kinds of apps usually do.

Depa unveils national food delivery app

Vendors pay a very low commission fee

by Komsan Tortermvasana

12 May, 2022

The Digital Economy Promotion Agency (Depa) has launched food delivery platform eatsHUB to help small and medium-sized eateries boost their earnings through digital channels.

The platform has been created in collaboration with Food Ordery, an affiliated company of SET-listed TV Direct.

Touted as Thailand's first national food delivery platform, eatsHub charges vendors a commission fee, known as gross profit (GP), at a low rate of 8%, compared with the standard 30% collected by other major operators.

Depa president and chief executive Nuttapon Nimmanphatcharin said eatsHub is expected to see more than 500,000 users and over 5 million transactions in the first year of operation.

The project was started last year and has passed a trial period through a cloud and related backup system.

The official launch of eatsHub was held at CentralWorld in Bangkok on Wednesday, chaired by Digital Economy and Society Minister Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn.

Mr Nuttapon said eatsHub is now available for download on both Android and iOS, adding that the platform is expected to generate more than 500 million baht in economic value within the first year.

"The pandemic has affected various ways of life. People are being driven to count more on digital tech in their daily life as the new normal," said Mr Nuttapon. "This is why the food delivery platform business has seen strong growth over the past two years."

He said competition in food delivery services is intense, with the participation of various foreign operators. The operational costs of small and medium-sized food vendors on platforms is high, which affects consumers.

"eatsHub can help small entrepreneurs access the digital platform, which can ease inequality," Mr Nuttapon said.

He added that eatsHub is aiming to hire 2,000 food delivery drivers in the first year.

The platform focuses on services for each community that involves eateries and drivers within a distance of 1-5 kilometres, with various features provided, including a point of sales system, self-promotion campaigns, a messaging service and a call centre.

"Our challenge is how to connect, assist, support and maintain these small restaurants. These eateries are an integral part of the grassroots and community economy. They suffered a lot from the pandemic and the lockdowns," said Mr Nuttapon.

Some 20% of the project's operational budget is funded by Depa, with 80% covered by Food Ordery.

Thammanit Khamwangyang, chief executive of Food Ordery, said eatsHUB is now ready to provide a service for launch zones in Bangkok, including Bang Khen, Chatuchak, Lat Phrao and Suan Luang. The service is expected to cover all of Bangkok by July.

He said the service will cover 18 provinces in the first year of operation, adding that more than 20,000 food vendors are expected to join the platform by the end of this year.

"EatsHub comes with a new standard for food vendors, such as a lower GP rate, while eateries will be able to receive cash transfers for their sales within the next day," said Mr Thammanit.

"The platform also offers marketing promotions and big data analysis as well as ensuring food service standards with fair prices, which are not different from eating in the restaurants."

Interested eateries and drivers can join the platform via www.foodordery.co.th.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... livery-app
Ruthrieston

Re: EatsHUB - new food delivery app

Post by Ruthrieston »

I do hope they manage to create accessible english as an option. I tried Shopee food delivery app and but that is mostly in Thai as well so I gave up.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I would think they would realize that by not offering an English version they are missing out on a lot of business. I hope they figure that out and then actually do something.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Bangkok Post wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:47 amThe Digital Economy Promotion Agency (Depa) has launched food delivery platform eatsHUB
I see a problem here.
Rather than being set up by some entrepreneur who will succeed or fail according to the quality of his decisions, it's being set up by some government agency.

Usually, for profit capitalists run a far better business and are more competitive than the not for profit competitors. At least that's my experience of looking at several sectors in the UK (I could explain further, but it's drifting off topic).

Even worse than merely not for profit, is government agencies, which are not used to having to compete. They tend to keep their jobs no matter how good or bad the service.